PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
GL Pease Cumberland in a Savinelli Siena 315 while mourning the loss of the Phillies. It was a hell of a post season. Except for the the last three games of the World Series which was a no hitter followed by two losses. View attachment 179751
Agreed. And as a lifelong Dodger fan, it especially pains me to watch the Astros celebrate. At least you guys had the prudence to hide all your trash cans... :ROFLMAO:

Oh, and nice Sav too! 👍

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
Hey there. Obviously I just kept drinking those Manhattans....

Bitters are a pretty easy (if maybe complex) thing to make at home. You just need at least 100 proof vodka and a whole bunch of dried ingredients -- which can be hard to come by (maybe?). Cinnamon, anise, vanilla bean, zest from orange, etc. (Recipes vary.) Put them in a jar, shake 'em once a day for a couple weeks... and voila. I find they are a nice addition to soda water when you want something still a little warming the way bourbon, etc. is but want to keep things lighter.

I've got an orange bitters around too. I might make some more next weekend, now that I think of it.
orange, walnut, and paychaud's bitters are staples in my cupboard.. add them to many things, and yes great for club soda to stay light!

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Going to have Cornell & Diehl Small Batch Folklore (805/1000) in an “Unfinished Bent Aged Italian Briar Pipe” (Brandy) that I got from RnA Treasures for under thirty bucks. The only thing I needed to do was polish the unfinished stem with its wood dot and brass ring accents. This pipe appealed to me because of its better than average approximation of a Savinelli Corallo finish; it’s better than a number of attempts at that unique texture I’ve seen, but, still lacks the more subtle, rounded forms of the real deal. Regardless, I’m glad to have it. It’s fun, was inexpensive, and doesn’t look too bad.

View attachment 179744
After doing some reading and poking around online, I suspect this pipe was an unfinished Calibano, a sub-brand of Mastro de Paja. The wood dot and brass accents are in keeping with the brand. I have a few unfinished stummels that are similar (and also of Italian origin) that I need to drill out and cut stems for when I have time—it’s nice to have a good idea of their roots, so to speak.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Yard work and earth/gravel shoveling and leveling done for the day. Going to enjoy holiday blends on the deck, though it is cool and really windy. This J.Andrew pipe looks perfect for Storyteller’s Pipe The Holly King. No idea if this blend will ever come back, they aren’t keen on answering the phone or responding to emails as a general rule so we will see. C1CFEE72-EFE7-4153-8572-85722C45D2DA.jpeg

UB 40

Lifer
Jul 7, 2022
Cologne/ Germany
nahbesprechung.net
I very much like the old town architecture in this picture!

That also got my attention, especially the rounded balconies. But okay if this is in Sofia its an old town, originated from 29 BC (wiki) It’s about 1900 kilometres down south east from where I live. To far for a weekend trip. But if I would go there by car I would spend a few days in Vienna, half way, as well,

Status
Not open for further replies.