PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winnipeger

Lifer
Sep 9, 2022
Winnipeg
I had this great smoke earlier today in my new Giubileo d'Oro. First bowl. NEW pipe. The stem seemed a little squeaky between my teeth. Weird. Like when I clenched it, it would squeak a little. Didn't think too much of it. Turns out the stem has a crack in it on the underside from the bit right through the button, not visible at first. 😭 It's going back.

IMG_3039.jpeg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Had a great day with a Thanksgiving dinner that can't be beat. I did my best to eat plenty of food! Right now, I'm close to finishing this bowl of year 2013 Esoterica Tilbury in a smooth medium bend 1999 Peterson Sherlock Holmes Series Milverton with a sterling silver band and a black vulcanite p-lip stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Peterson Sherlock Holmes_Milverton.jpg

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Dan Tobacco hamborger Veermaster in a Bay Denmark Apple with cumberland stem.

I never thought I would dedicate a pipe, but I’m finally doing it. This is going to be for VA/VAper blends only.

This is only the second bowl I’ve smoked in it, I can’t believe for such a tiny pipe how cool it smokes. My smallest and lightest pipe too, only 17 grams.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! ❤️

Be well everyone! ❤️

FA06CBDF-63CD-4672-86E3-E62AAB830371.jpeg

188039AD-ABCD-4715-9EDB-9E1A88937EF6.jpeg

Here’s a pic, to give an idea of how tiny, but don’t let the size fool you, Mike is an amazing talent, the workmanship is flawless.

60A00012-BD85-4F6B-A9A5-F81D84EB46FD.jpeg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Last smoke of the day is Watch City Queequeg’s Moby Dick Series in a straight brown sandblasted post-WWII family era Sasieni “Canadian” London Made with a sterling silver band with a tapered black vulcanite twin bore stem. Reading while this bowl lasts.
Sasieni “Canadian”-blast_ss band.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Just noticed that I didn't post the smoke before the last one: Wilke No. 515 in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This was the blend Basil Rathbone smoked.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Im
I am from India, so my Thanksgiving lunch would look different from others. Also, we don’t cook much at home anymore.

For Thanksgiving lunch I cooked after a long time (And a recipe which would sound simple but very difficult to get right)

It is a Chicken Cutlet … however the recipe from Kolkata India calls for marinating the chicken in Thai Birds Eye Chilli Pepper paste , Fresh Red Onion paste, fresh ginger paste, fresh garlic paste and vinegar before breading and frying. If you get it right, you will get a mild kick from the pepper, and mild nuances from everything else. It’s a very subtle recipe and the chicken comes out very juicy.

I can happily report I got it exactly right, even though I cooked it entirely from memory. My wife commented that it is better than what you get in a restaurant in Kolkata, India and my son was very happy about it well.

Now I am smoking Gawith Hoggarth and Company Dark Flake Aromatic in a Sixten Ivarsson Peewit

View attachment 183162
I’m going to have to give that recipe a try, it sounds delicious. I eat Indian food more than any other and always cook my own from traditional recipes. I just got some Amchur (sp?) powder for the butternut squash and sweet potato curry I’m making for the weekend, I’ll enjoy that with tandoori chicken thighs and naan which I do get from a restaurant as it’s not the same if you don’t use a tandoor.

Status
Not open for further replies.