PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I just opened a new canister of Lane Ready Rubbed, and am enjoying some in an MM Scarecrow.
Since I discovered this when it was released in 2015, I've gone through several tubs. (SWAG of three).
I have one more left. I can and will smoke Match RR, although I prefer this one, although not by much.

JEdwards

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 23, 2022
Atlanta, Georgia, USA, Earth
Fast zoom at low shutter speed?

When I upgraded Leica m6 to a digital m240, I found that many lens imaging quality problems were exposed, especially for some biogon structure lenses (zeiss zm, minolta 35 3.5G from TC1). Although the currently used m10r has slightly improved in the above aspects, the high pixels without IBIS have reduced the success rate, So I think I will not upgrade to m11, but will consider adding an SL2. The higher the pixel is, the higher the requirement for the lens is, but the lens that can meet the high pixel has almost no personality. Maybe they are all designed with similar computer software.
Finally, I want to say that the pixel arms race is boring

Leica is a very well respected brand with excellent quality.

I have used 24mp Sony full frame cameras for years and have never felt that I needed higher pixel density. I have a nice Loxia 25mm (Distagon design) for landscapes and a reasonably good 50mm (2.5 "G") and they handle everything thing I need from my camera in normal situations. I actually rent additional zooms if I am going on a vacation or have an unusual situation that demands ultra wide or telephoto ranges. This is fun because I get a chance to play with additional lens without fully investing in them.

The Minolta-mount Sigma 75-250 4-5.6 in the picture was free from a co-worker and the adapter was less than 15USD from Amazon. For very little money I'm happy to experiment with an older lens, even if I never use it in practice. :)

Perhaps we should start a photography thread in one of the non-pipe forums here on pipesmagazine.com? :)

No pipes this morning, gents. Too cold and I have too much work.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Gave up trying to sleep, so I'm up and smoking year 2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Bullseye Flake in an early 1900’s BBB Carlton Sharman’s Patent. This patent is essentially a bayonet mount.

This pipe arrived with a stem that clearly wasn’t original. It was more like a cobbled together marriage of a plastic 1970’s Dr. Grabow stem and glue.

This wouldn’t do. So off to Ryan Alden is went. He put a new stem on after removing the plastic piece of garbage and then made pins to hold it to the bayonet mount.

In keeping with my theme of non traditional colors on replacement stems I chose this badass blue.

This pipe is now a wonderful addition to my rotation as opposed to a glaring addition to garbage can.

The last photo is how I received it when purchased.

3DC6FD98-8570-49A1-87B3-FF4FE5AE913C.jpegDEFF2D1B-B596-4270-A0FD-EBABC06C6C4C.jpegBB502DC6-DBAF-4EA5-8538-24D81B786534.jpeg
2E1D6D79-2180-44CC-904E-291032B06FC7.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.