PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, steel head trout and snow peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. Staying with diet maintenance so I can pig out on Thanksgiving. I'm half way through this bowl of year 2018 Solani 633 in a straight 1954 patent Dunhill 148 Group 3 black shell bulldog made for the France market with a black saddle vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Dunhill_1954_Shell_Bulldog148.jpg

JEdwards

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 23, 2022
Atlanta, Georgia, USA, Earth
With such a zoom lense you can easily do a certain effect the zoom burst (stolen photo)

View attachment 182672
I will indeed be trying this. I enjoy blurred motion captures in general so there is plenty to work with. The lens is not sharp by modern standards, even with a forgiving FF 24mp sensor, but I like the rendering. I may post one tomorrow…

No pipe tonight, too cold outside…

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking year 2016 Newminister 400 Superior Navy Flake in a straight smooth brown year 1948 Parker Super Bruyere patent 23 88/F bulldog with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Watching a documentary on George Washington as a young man. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
1948_Parker_patent 23 bulldog..jpg

Winnipeger

Lifer
Sep 9, 2022
Winnipeg
Tabac Manil Réserve du Patron in my Eltang. Smoking infrequently these days due mainly to having no free time on my hands. Down to a couple bowls a week. I've noticed when I do have the chance to light up, flavours are really popping. Less nicotine/more flavour. Almost worth the trade off. Not quite though.

IMG_2834.jpg

isaac liu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 30, 2022
China wuhan
The LP12 is a legend, but my eyes were caught by the Bruckner LP recorded in Leipzig. It seemed to me like a new audiophile pressure. More and more coming back to enjoy LPs. It’s a miracle.

I ever, ever in my lifetime had a turntable ready installed in addition to the CDP (now a Linn). As a record player I decided to go for a Rega Planar 2, as my old Sony direct drive died. It’s equipped with a Goldring Eroica LX. Not to expensive combination, voices, small jazz combos sound just right. Okay now we’re deep in Hi-Fi stuff.

Opened a new to me tin Hamborger Veermaster, smoking in another home made half bent apple with a square shank and half saddle mouthpiece of ebonite.

View attachment 182658
As a disciple of Bruckner, Wagner and Mahler, I have about 220 records of Bruckner.
Yesterday, I just received a record, Takashi Asahina conducting Osaka Philharmonic, which was recorded at St. Florian Monastery on October 12, 1975. It's a Hass edition and Nowak was there himself :ROFLMAO: . When the second movement ends, the bell of the monastery just rings in the same time.
Quite touching.

isaac liu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 30, 2022
China wuhan
使用这种的变焦镜头,您可以轻松地实际确定的变焦连拍效果(偷来的照片)

[附件=完整]182672[/附件]
Fast zoom at low shutter speed?
I will indeed be trying this. I enjoy blurred motion captures in general so there is plenty to work with. The lens is not sharp by modern standards, even with a forgiving FF 24mp sensor, but I like the rendering. I may post one tomorrow…

No pipe tonight, too cold outside…
When I upgraded Leica m6 to a digital m240, I found that many lens imaging quality problems were exposed, especially for some biogon structure lenses (zeiss zm, minolta 35 3.5G from TC1). Although the currently used m10r has slightly improved in the above aspects, the high pixels without IBIS have reduced the success rate, So I think I will not upgrade to m11, but will consider adding an SL2. The higher the pixel is, the higher the requirement for the lens is, but the lens that can meet the high pixel has almost no personality. Maybe they are all designed with similar computer software.
Finally, I want to say that the pixel arms race is boring

Status
Not open for further replies.