PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, French cut pork chops and asparagus dinner with a scoop of Triopolitan ice cream for dessert. I'm a third of the way through this bowl of KBV Festivus VaPer in the first pipe Trever Talbot made when he went to France many years ago. It's a smooth straight Algerian briar Lumberman with a long shank and a black vulcanite saddle stem, unbranded. Haven't smoked it in quite a while. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Watching a tour of the Museum of the American Revolution.

The pipe is the second from the top left.
p1020413.jpg

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
Enjoying some HU English Breakfast. This tobacco is one of the best in its category. I have a little latitude during the day when I smoke for variety, but this is one among a few others that I reach for when only the best will do. I'm enjoying it in a Kriswill. I bought this pipe when I didn't know how to judge quality as shrewdly as I do now and it was a very lucky buy. It has the best grain of any of my pipes and the construction is flawless. It's also the only Danish pipe I own. The stampings are of the early variety and its rather traditional shape and attention to detail suggest to me this may have been a special or early production. There is an anchor stamped on the stem, the significance of which I've been unable to uncover as I've never seen another.
IMG_20201127_213245.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.