Lifer
Sep 7, 2019
KBV B. Frog’s Study in Scarlet in a Stanwell Hand Cut

52891069343_3625d6a31a_o.jpg

Sig

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2023
Western NY
C&D Star Of The East from 2015 in this weird little "Vendome" pipe.
This is one of the ten or so pipes I got NOS from a little cigar shop about 10 years ago.
The pipes came from a news/tobacco shop that closed in the late 1980s.
The shop was "Urban Town News" on Main st in Jamestown NY. It was there for many decades but couldn't survive the 80s.
This pipe looks goofy as all, the Vulcanite bit is far too narrow, but gosh darn it, it smokes great and is surprisingly comfortable to hold in the hand or mouth, it is extremely light weight. Its another one I added a briar accent to.....poorly. :)
1716245786166.jpg
1716245880533.jpg

Manawydan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 24, 2024
Tried Mac Baren HH Old Dark Fired for the first time in my Boswell Elegant Swirls Nose-Warmer. Definitely BBQ-smoky -- very different from traditional Latakia/English blends. Paired amazingly well with a dry cider (combo was very applewood smoky). Had a very faint lingering anise flavor to me.

IMG_4201.jpeg

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
This is an exceptional WAYS post for me.

I just celebrated my 40th with some old fuckers from my fraternity (from more than 20 years ago!) who also just celebrated their 40th, so I pulled out some primo.

I gave my mechanical engineering brother-in-arms one of Fidel's Cohibas, and we burned the enemy's crops. My college roommate, who introduced me to the pipe, took my Castello Sea Rock and loaded it with Bengal Slices for his first round with the blend. And I loaded my favorite blend--Ten to Midnight--for an inaugural voyage in my new Ser Jacopo POTY 2023.

The rest of the evening has no photographic evidence, but damage was done to my tobacco and scotch collections. There were no regrets.

Cheers!

View attachment 311719

Happy Birthday!

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I've passed the half way mark of this bowl of Ken Byron Ventures Mr. Christian’s Brown Flek 2021 in a 1984 smooth brown full bend Peterson Mark Twain military mount egg with a silver cap and tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Peterson_MarkTwain_Smooth.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.