PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandblast

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 10, 2023
Mendota Heights, Dakota Country, MN
Next time, with any blend you like, smoke only a 1/4 of the chamber, and let it sit overnight. It can really change the character in some blends.
Love DGT. I'll sometimes load 2, even 3 pipes just to "stack up" some DGT's. Recently returned from an OOT trip & had a 3-week DGT from my last night .... wonderful. Seem to recall an old story about some hikers going up into the mountains, came upon an old, abandoned cabin. They felt it had been abandoned for about 6 years .... maybe an old newspaper? Anyway, inside with old tools & cookware & furniture, they found an old ashtray with an old pipe with about half a bowl. One of the hikers lit it & said it smoked fine. So .... a 6-year-old DGT.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Near the last third of this bowl of year 2012 Esoterica Dunbar in a smooth straight, dark brown early 1960s Lane era Charatan Selected 43 Dublin with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad.
Conrad-Dublin copy.jpg

happy_lunter

Lifer
Jul 1, 2020
Vaughan, ON
L. J. Peretti’s Blend No. 333 in a cob. I tried this blend in a few briars previously, and this is a second smoke in a cob, and I find it tastes better in cobs. Gotta give another chance to Blend No. 101 now, as I’ve only had it in briar a couple of times thus far.

Attachments

• IMG_8164.jpeg
    IMG_8164.jpeg
    80.8 KB · Views: 3

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and am nearing the half way mark of this bowl of year 2014 Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a very much appreciated 1979 brown, slight bend grain etched flat front Stanwell Rego 969-48 (09) with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Watching the Dodgers-D-Backs game.
Stanwell Rego 969-48 (09).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.