PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
Today I took some rubbed out Sutliffe 507-C flake in a parchment cupcake cup to dry and took a sharp scissors and made about 8 cuts through it. It seems to pack tighter and burn slower and more fully in the Vauen Olaf bent egg. A deeper caramel flavor comes out ... a richer taste. An experiment that was beneficial. May have to do this again periodically.

Manawydan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 24, 2024
I had a pipe do that and I wiped it repeatedly with a paper towel and water. I think I used a little Ever clear as well. It no longer leaves stain on my fingers. It removed whatever the pipe was coated with but I think it looks ok.
Thanks -- I've been wiping vigorously with a dry paper towel and less and less 'extra' finish is coming off on it each time. I think it will stop staining my fingers at some point in the near future with use. I just don't think a $200 pipe should have this problem.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Starting off my smoking day with a bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. It's going to be a busy day.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.