PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skippy B. Coyote

Can't Leave
Jun 19, 2023
St. Paul, MN
I realized that it's been quite awhile since I smoked a Burley blend, so this morning I'm having some C&D Pegasus in a Dr. Grabow Lark.puffy

View attachment 313795

Back at it again with the same pipe for my afternoon smoke, this time loaded up with Haunted Bookshop.

It's a nice smoke and was a favorite blend of mine for a good year or so, but these days I think I actually prefer Pegasus. They're really similar blends, but swapping out the Perique in Haunted Bookshop for the unsweetened Black Cavendish in Pegasus really smooths the blend out and I think that little bit of very mild sweetness adds something nice to the mix. It makes it not so harsh and abrasive on the throat, and a slightly mellower more gentle smoke.puffy

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Had a very busy day. Ran a few errands, and had an eye doctor appointment. I was pleased to learn that I still have 20/20 vision. Here's my earlier smokes:

Enjoyed my usual walking rep smokes: year 2016 D&R Three Sails in an undated straight brush etched black Molina apple with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite stem...
Molina_Apple.jpg

....and year 2015 D&R A.B. Rimboche in an undated slight bend, smooth flame grain Wessex Standard egg with a brown accent on the black vulcanite saddle stem.
Wessex_bent.jpg

In between, I smoked a bowl of year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

Currently, I am close to finishing this bowl of year 2007 Astley’s No. 109 in a straight smooth brown circa 1950s-60s BBB Contrast 506 Canadian with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. The world's latest lunch follows this smoke.
BBB_Contrast506_Canadian.jpg

Briarcutter

Can't Leave
Aug 17, 2023
U.S.A.
Had a very busy day. Ran a few errands, and had an eye doctor appointment. I was pleased to learn that I still have 20/20 vision. Here's my earlier smokes:

Enjoyed my usual walking rep smokes: year 2016 D&R Three Sails in an undated straight brush etched black Molina apple with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite stem...
View attachment 313854

....and year 2015 D&R A.B. Rimboche in an undated slight bend, smooth flame grain Wessex Standard egg with a brown accent on the black vulcanite saddle stem.
View attachment 313857

In between, I smoked a bowl of year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem.
View attachment 313856

Currently, I am close to finishing this bowl of year 2007 Astley’s No. 109 in a straight smooth brown circa 1950s-60s BBB Contrast 506 Canadian with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. The world's latest lunch follows this smoke.
View attachment 313858
Cool piece of lumber on that BBB! Does the other side match?

das3353

Lifer
Sep 7, 2019
Newminster 403 in a Ropp Vintage with horn stem

53590151263_6b294cec6d_k.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.