PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafErikson

Lifer
Dec 7, 2021
Oregon
Really enjoying this bowl of Ennerdale in a well rested pipe. I gotta expand the rotation some. I’m finding I really enjoy a well rested pipe (especially when seasoned to a particular kind of blend)View attachment 310620
Have you tried a meerschaum pipe? I find that they don’t have to be rested at all and the smokes still taste fresh.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty Jazz apple, and have a quarter of a bowl left of year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Did some low calorie snacking, and have passed the half way mark of this bowl of Wilke Picket’s Charge in a post-WW2 straight smooth brown pre-Republic Peterson’s Dublin 3 bulldog with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. This blend is Wall Street with much less perique (10%) than the regular W.S. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Peterson_PR_Bulldog_Dublin3_Shamrock.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A third of the way through this bowl of Wilke No. 515 Double Shot in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This is No. 515 with twice the rum of the Basil Rathbone blend. I may end the day with this smoke.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
North Central Florida
Feeling great this morning. Took my first walk with some DGT HH bulk ODF (broken flake) in my 9 1/2 yr old MM Pride 2nd using a vulcanite stem I had Ed Shulte from Vero Beach make for my Barling Military Mount apple.
When he sent the pipe back it had the stem inserted and the pipe was in a basic mailing envelope. I smoked the pipe and there was a crack in the shank. I can't say it wasn't there already. I got the stummel w/o a stem originally, and I think I smoked it once or twice using something that sorta fit, before I went for the replacement from Ed, and didn't notice the crack then. Anyway, the stem works in several cobs. IMG_20240423_082524286_HDR.jpg

Sigmund

Lifer
Sep 17, 2023
France
@PaulRVA Love that Nuttens. He does some nice work.

We made lamb chops, potatoes, and asparagus for lunch with some fresh tomatoes. Its time for a post lunch pipe. HU Delight (Directors Cut, Edward G, plus perique). Its in an old ser jacopo. No idea what the shape would be called.

Attachments

• 1715863938495.jpeg
    1715863938495.jpeg
    436.9 KB · Views: 3
Status
Not open for further replies.