PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and have just over a third of a bowl left of Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation Evening Flake in a straight smooth brown 1950s Comoy’s Tradition 305 apple military mount with a sterling silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Watching an episode of Nature on PBS.
Comoy’s_Tradition305_apple_militarymount.jpg

Sidehatch

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 30, 2022
Colorado
Holy cow. What a struggle. Had a lingering cold and then even longer lingering sore throat for last 2 weeks. Laid off the pipe and lived vicariously through the thread. You all are the best. Finally felt like I was ready to light up and it was great. 3 hours of bliss. Ennerdale in a Wayne Teipen. Look forward to weekend to making up for it.IMG_0144.jpeg

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
A follow-up bowl MacBaren’s Scottish Blend
In the 2nd Lovat - a LHS Sterncrest
A comparison of 2 similar sized Lovats to see if the chimney condenser in the Sterncrest affects the smoke

Tobacco dried well with 5minutes in the sun

Both pipes lit with one match and smoked down to ash with no dottle
No gurgles in either pipe but the Sterncrest was whistling during the smoke.
I wonder if the condenser is the cause ?

EB06BD82-BCD1-4298-BAD5-82A1FAD61908.jpegCB42130F-3063-4336-9C00-D2360A0E4BD2.jpeg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Passing the first third of this bowl of Wilke No. 222 in an undated, unbranded straight smooth dark brown made in France Los Alton VBF billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Listening to Counterspy from my radio collection.
France_Cant_billiard.jpg

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
507c Virginia Slices (aka "Slices of Heaven") in the 6 panel bent lattice meer and some iced decaf and water.
IMG_3903.jpg
p.s. today I learned Pease Penny Farthing is something I am going to have to try. And according to Brian Levin (yes, THE Brian Levin of Pipesmag podcast fame!) speculates it may be an attempt by Greg to match Three Year Matured... !!! I don't recall many (any?) postings in WAYS about Penny Farthing. Anyone have it and what do you think?

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Slightly cool day in the Mitten, just finishing my first bowl of Paradoxical in an Azura rusticated billiard. This is a fantastic smoking pipe, highly recommend Michiganders stop by Hill & Hill and pick one up, only $130 for an artisan pipe.
View attachment 223747

This is how Hill & Hill looks? To bad they don’t have a website, especially since they’re making pipes.

F26E05FA-8207-4DDA-B62D-B4E0EADBFDFC.jpeg

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Smoking now an often ignored and underestimated OTC tobacco, which nevertheless I smoke regularly from the beginning, finding it a light and balanced aromatic blend: Skandinavik Mixture. In a -Made in Turkey- meerschaum pipe.
Double Turkish/Greek coffee to pair and start the weekend, may you have a nice one good people!

View attachment 224292
View attachment 224293

Haven’t seen you around in a while, hope all is well.

By the way, you ever go out and play tourist and go to some of the Greek Islands?

I figure living there, if you’re close by, might be a regular thing to do. Go lay out on a small quiet island, white sandy beach and the blue water, and smoke that pipe. :)

Be well! ❤️

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Finished work for the day, fed Sleepy Suzy and Molly Danger, and then went outside to feed Daisy the Feral Princess and the ever hungry Tomato the Brave. I'm half way through this bowl of year 2020 D&R Raccoon’s Delight in my very reliable smooth straight post-1938 pre-Republic Peterson Sterling Canadian 263 with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Going to check the forum, and read baseball box scores.
Peterson_PR_Canadian_Sterling.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.