PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zamora

Can't Leave
Mar 15, 2023
Olympia, Washington
Had a bowl of Yankee Clipper in my Country Gentleman, it's a straight black cavendish house blend I got from a house blend sampler I bought at a B&M. No idea if any of them were blended by the shop or are just renamed bulks. First time having straight cavendish, probably the dullest thing I've ever smoked. Only vaguely sweet, the aroma was heavenly though and I usually can't smell what I'm smoking. Not sure what I'll do with the rest of the sample, looks like there's another bowl or two worth. I might just experiment with adding to other stuff.

I'm looking forward to trying the other stuff in the sampler, there's a whiskey aromatic, a Navy flake, an oriental, and a couple Englishes.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Just finished work, and am almost half way through this bowl of year 2020 Mac Baren Scottish Mixture in a straight, smooth brown 1960s Lane era Charatan Special 38 bulldog with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Time to feed Sleepy Suzy and Molly Danger.
1960s_Lane_Charatan_Special38_bulldog.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Almost a third of the way through this bowl of year 2015 John Aylesbury Sir John’s Flake Virginia in a straight smooth light brown 2020 Ryan Alden Ace of Spades squat bulldog with a spalted pecan top and ferrule that’s attached to the tapered black acrylic stem. This finishes the tin, and I have no idea what to replace it with since that's all I had. Hhmmm....
Ryan_Alden_BD_right.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.