PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

isaac liu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 30, 2022
China wuhan
Isaac, we had a discussion about C. G. Jung on the forum recently. One regards him as a prophet of modern times, others as founder of a a sex cult and a rabid anti catholic. It seemed like only a few appreciated him, though most have no idea of his work.

I’m glad that at least you do some serious research into the topic and getting the anima thing right with some Ranger clouds.

By the way I’m smoking Salty Dogs in a Lacroix S. A. because my every day mixture ended up in smoke.

View attachment 223437
Freud was truly obsessed with his sexual instincts, which was also the main reason for Jung's breakup with Freud. I think Jung's tolerance for various religions and civilizations, science and philosophy is far greater than Christianity, and this tolerance can easily be interpreted as Antichrist. However, looking at the list of people who have been persecuted by Christianity, you can probably find that many of them have only been accused of studying philosophy, physics, chemistry, or astronomy.
I need to smoke a RYO, bugler original. after that, is the time to let the consciousness start sleeping, let the subconscious to start dreaming, and let the shadows come out for a walk. ;)

Ben.R.C

Lifer
Nov 20, 2022
North Carolina
Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am close to finishing this bowl of year 2012 E-soterica Dunbar in a smooth straight, dark brown early 1960s Lane era Charatan Selected 43 Dublin with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad. Lavazza Classico, neat, is my drink.
View attachment 223281
I think esoterica ribbon is way better then todays ribbon, it’s closer to shag, smokes more even. Do you agree?

haebar

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2014
East Tennessee
Off for lunch and smoking Carter Hall in a Sunrise apple.
Sunrise-Apple-003.jpg

PipeWI

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 30, 2023
Somerset WI
Freud was truly obsessed with his sexual instincts, which was also the main reason for Jung's breakup with Freud. I think Jung's tolerance for various religions and civilizations, science and philosophy is far greater than Christianity, and this tolerance can easily be interpreted as Antichrist. However, looking at the list of people who have been persecuted by Christianity, you can probably find that many of them have only been accused of studying philosophy, physics, chemistry, or astronomy.
I need to smoke a RYO, bugler original. after that, is the time to let the consciousness start sleeping, let the subconscious to start dreaming, and let the shadows come out for a walk. ;)
The philosophical pipe smoker! Perhaps we need a revisionist, tobacco-based understanding of the western philosophical tradition: Pipe v. Cigar smokers, the synthesists who go both ways, the minor thinkers who use dip and snuff, and the truly eclectic thinkers who use it every which way...

BCF

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 23, 2022
Pennsylvania

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Half way through this bowl of early 2000s Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Watching Mad Dog Russo.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
Yesterday's Bayou Veermaster was a bit nic-strong for me! This morning going with just straight Hamborger in the 6 panel bent lattice meer, with coffee. I am really hankering for the honey sweetness of Peretti Ampersand Flake but it is tucked away in it's paint can in the cellar -- and the Hamborger is open...will it satisfy, I wonder? :col:
IMG_3883.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.