PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Staying up late watching F9: The Fast Saga on HBOMax. 🎥

So, having a late night smoke, Hal O' The Wynd in a Dr. Grabow: Commodore 65 Zulu, dated from 1967-1969, vulcanite stem, metal screw-in tenon, no stinger.

Along with some Organic India Tulsi Turmeric Ginger tea. ☕

Wife comes out, not sure if I woke her, she sees me playing with the tobacco, asks, are you going to smoke, yes I’m smoking and if you keep talking I’m going to look for some drugs! Go to bed wife, she also replied, it’s my house I can talk. LOL rotf

Be well everyone! ❤️

Ok back to the show! :)

8943FAC1-6B8C-4E39-A419-EF4BE0382017.jpeg

321F1A7B-EE12-4C69-B494-01BE43F0513E.jpeg

haebar

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2014
East Tennessee
Starting the day with Carter Hall in a Cayuga apple and some JFG coffee.
Cayuga-apple.jpg

Ben.R.C

Lifer
Nov 20, 2022
North Carolina
Threw out my back yesterday and the pain set in today. I can barely walk, get up and down but I can still smoke. Unfortunately, this just happens every now and then as I get older and try to stay active, not a big deal, just eating advil for a few days. 😂

Jackknife in a 2014 Castello G lovat. The grain on this pipe is not as pronounced as I thought from the photos but it smokes great.
IMG_5165.jpeg

EA/DC

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 19, 2023
the Netherlands
I bought a pouch of this stuff and put it in a jar thinking to keep it a year or two. What’s this like with all that age on it? This is famously said to be acidic and “bitie” when it’s new.
View attachment 223214

I do realy like it as it is now. Not as 'sharp' as new. A very nice virginia as long as the humidity is right. When just a bit dry it is very "bitie" and not realy nice to smoke.
I have not opened the old tin in the picture yet. That is al least 40 years old. I will open that tin soon to compare it with my 2019 version.

milk

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 21, 2022
Japan
Threw out my back yesterday and the pain set in today. I can barely walk, get up and down but I can still smoke. Unfortunately, this just happens every now and then as I get older and try to stay active, not a big deal, just eating advil for a few days. 😂

Jackknife in a 2014 Castello G lovat. The grain on this pipe is not as pronounced as I thought from the photos but it smokes great.
View attachment 223218
This happens to me every few years. It happened to me in March. Unlike in the past, I could stand. But, it was more painful than I remembered and walking was difficult. Get well soon! I know it’s time and rest that heals it. I sympathize.

lkwttwkl

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 19, 2023
Hong Kong
For a new pipe smoker like me heard that drier tobacco makes better taste and smoking experience. But here in Hong Kong, the humidity are sometime crazily high, 99% is not rare you can
drink water by breathing, leaving tobacco on a plate would only make it wet.
Some methods i saw by putting tobacco in a microwave or under a lamp, im putting the tobaaco in an air fryer.
Peterson - Flake(no seasoning) in an air fryer at 50°C for 5mins, Rub it out, pack it nice in a Tsuge KAGA 902.
Smoking the last 1/3 of this bowl, smoke cool and dry, taste great, need very few relight, excellent:)
20230522_203525.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.