PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
Here in AZ we can “stove as we go”. Need drying time? Pop the lid and just under crispy in 5min!
Chilly today, only gonna hit 90*
😆

Sutliff 1849 in a MM cob.
087C8793-B707-45D9-BC38-C96A7F6986D9.jpeg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
GH&Co. Scotch Mixture in a Peterson Shannon smooth bent brandy sitter B11. This blend has improved over two years from a rather mild blend with irritating edges to a smooth blend with harmonious nuance.

It is 53% Virginia, 17% burley, 7.5% black Cavendish, and 12.5% Latakia. I bought it originally because it was one of the few blends by GH&Co. that was in stock, but now I'm glad I did. As a burley devotee, I value that condiment, and the Cavendish increases the smoke volume.

It's quite dry, requires some relights, but rewards the effort.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Did a second set of walking reps, and smoked a bowl of year 2015 D&R A.B. Rimboche in an undated slight bend, smooth flame grain Wessex Standard egg with a brown accent on the black vulcanite saddle stem. Been a busy day, and I'm about to have a very late lunch.
Wessex_bent.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Semois thick cut in a Johs semi-rusticated Lovat, the Belgium burley variant introduced to the U.S. by an article in the NYT, that I never thought I'd smoke until a member of Forums sent me a sample, and when I raved about it, another generous soul sent me a nearly full package. It comes in a dry foil wrapped brick shaped package. He hadn't liked it at all ... and he included in the box a tall tin of Frog Morton Cellar and a handsome Ferndown pipe. I admit, I thought I was hallucinating. Always enjoy a good bowl of Semois.

Status
Not open for further replies.