PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimK

Lifer
Feb 11, 2021
Good weekend and pipes to all! Starting with Peterson Early Morning Pipe in a long Upshall P Poker with sterling silver-banded square shank and matching eighth-bent stem. A nice blend I use for giving my Virginia-seeking tastebuds a break.

Fralphog

Lifer
Oct 28, 2021
Idaho
Davidoff Flake Medallions in a GL (George Leousis) pipe, which was actually the annual pipe of year 2018 for the Greek Pipe Club.
For some reason, I had to reach 54 years of age to read this classical masterpiece, Knut Hamsun's (1859-1952) - "The Hunger".
I knew it was a great book, as all the recommendations and favorite authors of Charles Bukowski (1920-1994).
P.S. But Hank did not win a Nobel prize.

Happy weekend good people!

View attachment 145225
View attachment 145226
Good to see a post from you! Hope you are well.
Have a blessed day.

DonutLuvr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 12, 2019
Butler County, Ohio
73F44737-3CD6-41BE-886F-191BBFC91E3E.jpeg
Second smoke of the day enjoying a mystery Virginia flake in my Savinelli Porta Cervo 614

Funny story that I jarred a little bit of bulk flake I had last year in a jar I previously had Best Brown Flake in. I never changed the label and it was sitting with all my correctly labeled jars until I saw it a few days ago. I didn’t realize I had any Best Brown left and started having a bowl of it every day thoroughly enjoying it until about my third day in I looked a little closer at what I was packing in the pipe and realized it was definitely not a Gawith flake.

When I came to the conclusion that I had no clue what I was smoking, it definitely forced me to pay more attention to the flavors. Citrus, specifically lemon, hay, and a lot of sweetness sugar type taste especially through the first 1/3-1/2 of the bowl before the final portion more earthy flavors and a bit of spice become pronounced and the lemon notes begin to fade.

I generally don’t pay too much attention and try to call out what I taste when smoking, but this was fun when not knowing what I SHOULD expect to taste.

Just goes to show me that name recognition and HTF tobaccos don’t mean it’s the best of the best.

autococker07

Might Stick Around
Mar 29, 2022
Fort Walton Beach, FL
KC flake.jpg
First try of Kendal Cream Flake in a cob, black coffee on the side...... this stuff was WET, notice the table.... :ROFLMAO: Well, maybe I exaggerate a little bit, but I packed this last night and it sat in the AC house all night to dry... could not keep lit last night, but burns fine today.... dunno how I feel about this blend yet, but its not as bad as I expected....

Status
Not open for further replies.