weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011

Gawith Hoggarth & Co.: Kendal Kentucky in a Clay...​

P1O9t1S.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and sugar snap peas dinner and a big blueberry muffin for dessert. Almost half way through this bowl from a freshly opened tin year 2013 Rotary Navy Cut in a post WW2 Pre-Republic Peterson Dublin straight smooth X155 bulldog with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Haven't smoked this blend in a few years, and it's about time I came back to it! This is the only pipe I've ever smoked it in. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching the second part of Dinosaur Apocalypse on Nova.

Btw, Nigel Bruce smoked this same model in two Sherlock Holmes movies. I'm working to get Peterson and Smoking Pipes to bring this pipe back into production. If you like what you see, please e-mail them and tell them you want one.
Peterson_PWW2_Bulldog_XL155.jpg

Last edited:

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed the last three slices of cinnamon raisin French toast, and am smoking the last of this tin of year 2013 Dunhill Flake in a straight smooth 1960 Dunhill DRA 137 group 4 root briar canted dublin with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Dunhill_Birthyear-Left.jpg

Lyon0oq

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 31, 2012
New Providence, NJ
Posting this early:

Heading into LA for a friend's parent's 80th birthday celebration this weekend. Bringing my Savinelli Tortuga 614 bent billiard for aromatics, and my SMS claw meer for everything else. Packed for myself (and for sharing, if I should be so lucky to encounter another pipe smoker) about three or four bowls each of:

1) Mac Baren Vanilla Roll Cake
2) Ashton Gold Rush
3) Sutliff Balkan Sobranie Orig. Mix Match
4) Peterson Nightcap

That should take care of my needs quite nicely. Depending on the outcome of Game 7 Kings vs. Oilers, there may also be copious amounts of alcohol paired with the above. ?

No bird report, obviously, but I did see a Lesser goldfinch (first of the year!) this morning. LA birds will probably just be crows and sparrows, maybe a Mourning dove or two if I'm lucky. Frazier Park birds spoil me! :LOL:

Happy weekend everyone, and happy smokes! ?
GO KINGS GO!!

Jun 16, 2018
Athens, Greece
Davidoff Flake Medallions in a GL (George Leousis) pipe, which was actually the annual pipe of year 2018 for the Greek Pipe Club.
For some reason, I had to reach 54 years of age to read this classical masterpiece, Knut Hamsun's (1859-1952) - "The Hunger".
I knew it was a great book, as all the recommendations and favorite authors of Charles Bukowski (1920-1994).
P.S. But Hank did not win a Nobel prize.

Happy weekend good people!

Davidoff Flake Medallions in GL pipe.JPG
Knut Hamsun - The Hunger (and pipe).JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.