PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
Looks like the new legend I received.. small. I have many of MM's legends and I am very disappointed at the three I just received. The bowl depth is a tad over 5/8 deep although advertised as 1.33 and thats just one of the issues I have with them. I don't think I'll be purchasing anymore cobs unless I put my hands on it at a B&M.
The size of the cobs varies with the seasonal crops. MM has something like 410 acres of hybrid corn and this causes size differences.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011

Mac Baren: HH Old Dark Fired in a Meer...​

phqcfCw.jpg

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
Sorry to hear about the new MM Legend pipes. I understand your frustration in inconsistency.
The pipe in the picture is a MM Mizzou. I bought it to go with another vintage Mizzou I bought for the Vintage Velvet baccy smoking review. Yes, it is a small pipe.
I got my calipers out and measured both of them. They’re nearly identical to the specs provided by MM. The newer one has a slightly thicker bowl. But otherwise pretty darn close.
The pipe in the foreground is the new version.View attachment 148336

View attachment 148335

They’r great, small pipes for a quick smoke or trying new blends.
I guess they could be taster pipes. I got them to be yard pipes but with a bowl the size of a thimble, I'll need to find something else. I may just go with the hardwood.

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
The size of the cobs varies with the seasonal crops. MM has something like 410 acres of hybrid corn and this causes size The B&M has the

The size of the cobs varies with the seasonal crops. MM has something like 410 acres of hybrid corn and this causes size differences.
Yup, that's why I'll be getting them at the B&M when they get in a good crop.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and snow peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I've about a quarter of a bowl left of first release Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching the Braves-D-Backs game.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.