PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
Second day of much-needed rain in the Northwest. So I’m headed to the garage for a morning smoke. Got a MM cob packed with C&D Derringer.
View attachment 148241
Looks like the new legend I received.. small. I have many of MM's legends and I am very disappointed at the three I just received. The bowl depth is a tad over 5/8 deep although advertised as 1.33 and thats just one of the issues I have with them. I don't think I'll be purchasing anymore cobs unless I put my hands on it at a B&M.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Popped a new tin of Barbary Coast, cube-cut burley with condimental red Virginia and a taste of Perique, blessed with brandy. This tin is courtesy of Elric, along with a generous larger tin of B. Coast and several other blends. I'm packing it in the prize pipe from bayareabriar's limerick contest for vets, an impressively compact Caminetto Hawkbill with an ample bowl. Thank you both. The tin is a 2 oz. tin, but tall rather than short like most; I'd never seen one before.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Had lunch, took a nap, and am just finishing this bowl of year 2018 Esoterica Dunbar in a smooth straight, dark brown early 1960s Lane era Charatan Selected 43 Dublin with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad.
Conrad-Dublin copy.jpg

Fralphog

Lifer
Oct 28, 2021
Idaho
Looks like the new legend I received.. small. I have many of MM's legends and I am very disappointed at the three I just received. The bowl depth is a tad over 5/8 deep although advertised as 1.33 and thats just one of the issues I have with them. I don't think I'll be purchasing anymore cobs unless I put my hands on it at a B&M.
Sorry to hear about the new MM Legend pipes. I understand your frustration in inconsistency.
The pipe in the picture is a MM Mizzou. I bought it to go with another vintage Mizzou I bought for the Vintage Velvet baccy smoking review. Yes, it is a small pipe.
I got my calipers out and measured both of them. They’re nearly identical to the specs provided by MM. The newer one has a slightly thicker bowl. But otherwise pretty darn close.
The pipe in the foreground is the new version.image.jpg

image.jpg

They’r great, small pipes for a quick smoke or trying new blends.

Status
Not open for further replies.