Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Glorious CONDOR Plug in a Meer...

P6av9bf.jpg

Skink

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 21, 2021
Ronkonkoma, NY
WCC Slices in a Vauen Caletta Bent Bulldog #568. Listening to MVY Radio out of Martha's Vineyard via Alexa. This station is all my Aunt plays at the Beach House on the Cape. Always reminds me of summers up there. Can't wait to go up and get a Lobster Reuben at the Lobster Trap. Don't knock it 'til you tried it.
PXL_20220529_225928381.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Did a set of walking reps, and am not far from finishing this bowl of Prince Albert in an undated, unbranded straight smooth brown made in France Los Alton VBF Canadian with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching the Phillies-Mets game.
Los_Alton_VBF_Canadian.jpg

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
While outside enjoying the sun and wildlife, a 3/4 bowl of The Country Squire 'Whatever ?????' in a Pioneer full bent billiard meerschaum with discolored (despite repeated cleaning) vulcanite stem; drink was last of the days columbian coffee and light cream followed by Bromleys Estate Tea with milk. Its best to load this pipe with a pipe cleaner in place and larger leaves on bottom as the draft hole inside bowl is large and inverted keyhole shape; draft hole in shank is much smaller; this prevents blockage. All good and peaceful; hoping your day is same.

As for bird report, the Cardinals are busy feeding their young who seem to have hatched in the pine near the garage; the wrens are doing the same in a woodpecker hole in my attic (have to patch once they leave nest); two sets of Robins are sharing the Japanese Yew bush in front of picture window which has apparently gone condo and the baby dear are busy in the back fern garden eating whatever birdseed they can snag from the chipmunks. Tonight the Screech owls will once again be teaching their 4 offspring to trill and hunt in the woods as they do every year for 5 weeks (this is the end of week one.)
Just an update for accuracy: I fully cleaned the meer to prevent ghosting of the perique and latakia from the Whatever. When i went back outside about 7:15 I was just in time to see the mother cardinal push the two female young outside the nest into the nearby hedge. They fluttered around my back yard trees and my neighbors trees for about an hour and are now returning (8:20) to the nest for a well earned rest.
I may have to celebrate with some Old Toby in my MM Mark Twain after a Salmon and vegetables dinner. Drink will be Mullein Ice tea.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
First, an early congratulations to @JimInks for 50k posts! I feel like my quest for 10k is akin to climbing Everest, but I'll get there eventually. Thank you Jim for all your great contributions to the forum, and the pipe world in general! I'll celebrate by having...

...Ole Shenandoah Appalachian Berry (aka Harvest) in my MM mini-cob. The room note is an antisocialite's worst nightmare; they seemingly come out of the woodwork for this one. Bird report: Northern flicker (red-shafted), Common raven, California quail, California scrub-jay, and Nuttall's woodpecker.

Also early: Happy World No Tobacco Day everyone! I'll definitely be here tomorrow...doing my part. I expect the same from all you fine folks as well! Happy smokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.