PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
While outside enjoying the sun and wildlife, a 3/4 bowl of The Country Squire 'Whatever ?????' in a Pioneer full bent billiard meerschaum with discolored (despite repeated cleaning) vulcanite stem; drink was last of the days columbian coffee and light cream followed by Bromleys Estate Tea with milk. Its best to load this pipe with a pipe cleaner in place and larger leaves on bottom as the draft hole inside bowl is large and inverted keyhole shape; draft hole in shank is much smaller; this prevents blockage. All good and peaceful; hoping your day is same.

As for bird report, the Cardinals are busy feeding their young who seem to have hatched in the pine near the garage; the wrens are doing the same in a woodpecker hole in my attic (have to patch once they leave nest); two sets of Robins are sharing the Japanese Yew bush in front of picture window which has apparently gone condo and the baby dear are busy in the back fern garden eating whatever birdseed they can snag from the chipmunks. Tonight the Screech owls will once again be teaching their 4 offspring to trill and hunt in the woods as they do every year for 5 weeks (this is the end of week one.)

Last edited:

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011

St. Bruno: Ready Rubbed in a Meer...​

ijD50tz.jpg

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
I've got one of those too, the IMP I posted earlier. You can't tell by looking at it but it's been smoked hundreds of times. I no longer push it, I just get it out and smoke it once in awhile and tell her it's ok. It's a great smoker - just pale.
This has had a very intense kicking from me and has slowly started to color - you would think after 120+ years something would start to give...
thumbnail-3.jpeg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Not far from finishing this bowl of Peretti Cuban Mixture in an undated slight bent rusticated brown with a darker fumed top unbranded Micoli billiard with a white accented perpex ferrule, off center square shank and black vulcanite stem in the military mount style.
Micoli.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.