PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Abut a quarter of a bowl left of year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. Watching the Braves-Marlins game.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Tom Sawtooth, I like the Faulkner quote. Like many renown writers of his generation, Faulkner spent some time in Hollywood writing scripts. He famously asked his boss there if it was alright if he worked at home. Thinking Faulkner meant back at his bungalow in California, the boss said sure, work at home. Of course. Faulkner went back to Mississippi.

My late wife taught one of Faulkner's granddaughters at a women's college in Raleigh, N.C. who told her that, as a child, she never knew much about his writing. To her, he was just Grandpa.

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
Just finished a bowl of Smoker's Pride Cherry Cavendish in a Comoys London Pride second (just stamped London Pride), (20mmx42mm chamber), on the porch, under the overhang watching the rain gently fall and soak everything. It is the most difficult of my pipes to smoke becuase the draw is so open. I am using it to learn to slow down and just sip the tobacco trying to just keep the tobacco lit rather than steamtraining.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Did a set of walking reps on this humid, sunny day, and not far from finishing this bowl of Wilke Rum and Maple in a straight smooth with a tobacco leaf carving on the bottom left, dark brown 1980s Sir Brent pot with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Sir_Brent_Pot.jpg

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
I've been staring at three jars for the last 10 minutes, and cannot make up my mind. They are:

-EMP
-Folklore
-Eight State Burley

I've never had a bout of indecision last this long. I guess I could just be a total psychopath and mix the three, but that's just not my style. I could also throw some Granger in there just to piss off @Grangerous but that's not my style either.

I'll be back when I've made up my mind...
Went with the ESB, in my SMS claw meer. Psyching myself up to talk on the phone with my father-in-law (77th b-day today). As long as I steer the conversation away from all things financial, it should be pretty smooth--hockey is always a good topic to kill time with.

Massive weather shift today, got about 10-15 degrees cooler. Bird report: Common raven, Mountain chickadee, Oak titmouse, White-breasted nuthatch, Hairy woodpecker, California scrub-jay, Steller's jay, California towhee, California quail. Western kingbird, and a Red-tailed hawk duo on the hunt. Just had the Elaine Benes special (big salad) with some homemade cream-of-Cauliflower soup.

Status
Not open for further replies.