Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Love the pipe Jim! How do you like the orific stem? I have a Tyrolean/ Jager that has one. Of course it’s a fully bent pipe, but it’s easier to clench than one might think. I don’t know that I would be able to say that if it were straight like your Cutty. I doubt that you are clenching that beautiful 150 year old amber stem though are you?……. Are you?……?
You have to be careful when smoking pipes with orific bits because they tend to roll around when you move. I stayed seated when I smoke them. I can clench some with orific bits, but I'm especially careful with this one, and mostly hold it when the stem meets the shank. Since I'm always doing something, I will pick particular times when I smoke that cutty.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Half way through this bowl of Wilke Coranado Oriental in a 2003 URAL full bend big bowl egg shaped Lattice meer with a black acrylic saddle stem. This blend will go on sale this Wednesday. I posted my review at TR for those who are interested.
URAL_Etched_Egg.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking 2021 Watch City Simply Orange Virginia in a black sandblast medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY 4AB No. 182/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. The release date is May 24 at noon EST. Cleaning pipes as I watch the Braves-Phillies game.
4AB_Sandblast_left.jpg

mav

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 14, 2021
Chicago
Love your pipe! As for the nicotine in those tobaccos, I agree! I love Haunted Bookshop, but you'll notice I always smoke it in a small pipe. Otherwise, I get the spins bad!
Thank you! This is my first restoration project and I am really happy with the results. I can't find much on Claridge pipes accept it being a sub company of Comoy. I really like the lovat shape too.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Peterson Sherlock Holmes in the Medico Whitewall billiard. Nostalgic for me, as this was the first non-aromatic I ever tried. Sipping an iced tea and watching my feathered friends soar by.

Bird report: California scrub-jay, Common raven, Steller's jay, White-breasted nuthatch, Red-tailed hawk, Western kingbird, California quail, House finch, Hairy woodpecker, and American robin. Thankfully, the robins have not been attacking our car windows and mirrors this year, knock on wood.

Speaking of birds, chicken dinner (don't even think about calling me a hypocrite!) the past two nights means a chicken noodle soup dinner with the carcass. Afterwards? Very excited to watch a DVD I borrowed from my friend, Miles Electric: A Different Kind of Blue. This features his performance at the Isle of Wight festival in 1970, which to this day I have never seen in full. Should be a nice evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.