PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
About a third of a bowl left of year 2015 Mac Baren Virginia #1 in a straight black 1925 Dunhill patent shell Canadian 33 with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Still raining, so it's not looking good for walking reps today. Gold Star Black, neat, is my drink.
Dunhill_1925_Canadian.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
C&D Mountain Camp in a Kaywoodie Saxon straight blast chair-leg stem panel billiard, a light weight pipe with a reasonably large bowl and thick walls. This blend is said (by C&D) to be the same constituent tobaccos as Night Bayou, proportioned differently. I have always enjoyed Night Bayou for its strength and rich flavor, and I confess, it has taken me a few bowls of Mountain Camp to warm up to the blend, but I think I am getting there. It is more subtle and gentle, really a decidedly different experience, but I think I'm getting more of a flavor profile, a woodsy nutty taste with inklings of spice. It is a different animal from Bayou Night, so I could easily have both in rotation. This somewhat recent crop of Kaywoodie pipes appeals to me, basic but highly functional.

Status
Not open for further replies.