PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanWil84

Lifer
Mar 8, 2021
The Netherlands (Europe)
Earlier this evening Red Rapparree and now Macbaren navy flake in the meer.

Yesterday the 4th of May we memorized everyone who has fallen in WW2 in the Netherlands and its then colony Indonesia, today the 5th of May we celebrate our freedom. So for everyone reading this, thank you all veterans in WW2 for your service. I could always listen breathless to my late gramps who has been deported twice for work and escaped both times by jumping from the train, once even walked from Germany to home.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Just the way ya see it...
ww0JYk5.jpg

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Smoking & Testing for Science! ?

John Aylesbury Black & Sillem’s Black. JA in a MM Dagner and Sillem’s in a MM Morgan.

I find it odd that both tins are the same, names also written around all four sides.

The tobacco between them also looks, smells, tastes and room notes 100% identical.

What’s further odd, there are at least 5 blends between both of these that I am aware of that have the same name and branding;

The Black, Blue, Commodore Flake, Green, Red, both companies have.

John Aylesbury Archives - Boswell Pipes - Premium Tobacco - https://boswellpipes.com/product-category/tobacco-blends/john-aylesbury/

If anyone can shed light on why all the similarities, I’d like to know, maybe others too would also be interested.

While imitation I’ve heard it said, is the best form of flattery, I was never aware that in business on this level it would be accepted.

It seems like someone is copying.... hmm ?

BF2881AA-74F5-4270-86DB-74A846D711DD.jpeg

C48D4856-266F-4AF0-B0A9-D79B387E6FFB.jpeg

I’ve written emails to both companies to try and understand what is going on. I’m waiting for their replies, when I get them I will make a post.

This isn’t about pointing fingers and busting people, I just love the history and culture of pipe smoking and simply want to understand what it is I’m smoking, because I find this really odd...

Last edited:

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
2015 GH&Co Grasmere Flake in a Stanwell Brushed Brown 139. The Rose/Geranium topping has receded from what it was when fresh, and is more of a pleasant background player. The Virginia’s are sweet and bready. There is a little Burley nuttiness also.

I liked it when the Rose/Geranium flavor was a bit more pronounced; At this age I absolutely love it!

F1B09CA0-EDE9-4CCF-9847-70AC1A2E0B84.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.