PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrivatePiping

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 24, 2023
Todd - Boise, ID
Cornell & Diehl Palmetto Balkan 2024 in a Scottie Piersel Pencil Shank Footlong.

Had no plans to buy this tobacco until the release email hit my inbox in a moment of weakness. Glad that I bought it though as I am enjoying this more than I thought it would

View attachment 299611
I did the same thing with the Palmetto Balken. Mine should be here next week. Glad to hear you like it!

LeafErikson

Lifer
Dec 7, 2021
Oregon
IMG_3957.jpegSmoked a few bowls of Pegasus and finishing a bowl of Speakeasy now in my Tekin.

Cornell & Diel’s Speakeasy is from their ‘cellar series’ which I’ve been leery of. I always assumed they marketed the series as such to get away with using younger leaf, which would lead to a harsher smoke. After about half a tin of Speakeasy, I can confirm that this couldn’t be further from the truth. The tin I’m smoking has less than a year of age on it and it is a wonderful smoke indeed. Smooth, sweet Virginias, subtle rum casing, and a kiss of plummy perique.

RMGadelha

Lurker
Mar 5, 2021
Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
Nightcap in a 606 Brigham Dublin recently refurbished by Charles at Dad's Pipes.
I just cracked open my 2nd tin of Nightcap. I loved every single bowl of the first tin, with the exception of the 1st one, which I smoked straight out of the tin after I opened it. I usually don't have a good experience with Dunhill/Peterson blends if I smoke them right after cracking open a tin, but I won't do it this time. My new tin is already dumped in a mason jar waiting for the first bowl in about a week or so.

Feb 20, 2024
I just cracked open my 2nd tin of Nightcap. I loved every single bowl of the first tin, with the exception of the 1st one, which I smoked straight out of the tin after I opened it. I usually don't have a good experience with Dunhill/Peterson blends if I smoke them right after cracking open a tin, but I won't do it this time. My new tin is already dumped in a mason jar waiting for the first bowl in about a week or so.
I find most of the Peterson's stuff needs a good bit of drying for me. But it's all good! My Mixture is also a fave.

RMGadelha

Lurker
Mar 5, 2021
Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
I find most of the Peterson's stuff needs a good bit of drying for me. But it's all good! My Mixture is also a fave.
My tins of Nightcap (and Dunhill Standard mixture back in the day) had a decent moisture content straight off the tin, at least in my case. I guess the problem I usually have is that the tobacco in them needs to breathe a little out of the tin since they were too compressed in there, but I don't seem to have the same problem with other brands at the same moisture level. The mysteries of pipe tobacco, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.