PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

RMGadelha

Lurker
Mar 5, 2021
Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
Lots of cob in this page of the thread, so let me contribute. Smoking HH Old Dark Fired in my first ever cob, acquired last week. I love it. Fun fact, I bought another tin (not this one) of Old Dark Fired some months ago and, much to my surprise, it's from 2018. Very nice to "accidentaly" buy aged tobacco, especially when it comes to Virginia/Burley. I'm sure I'll love it when I crack the tin open.

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-30 at 21.21.25.jpeg

Last edited:

Scottishgaucho

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2020
Buenos Aires Province.
A very nice Malevo Tabaco Virginia/Perique/Latakia blend in a Charatan de Luxe.

20240330-211449.jpg

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
While meeting with my Saturday afternoon ZOOM buddies, I smoked Samovar in my Rich Lewis rusticated calabash #731.
My beverage was my usual Peach/Mango Green Tea with a splash of Honey Jack Daniel's. Great conversation and camaraderie.
For those who observe, Happy Easter!

1711845960630.jpeg

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
It has been a busy day trying to complete a mammoth registration statement project that will run into next week and probably the better part of 150+ pages of mindless disclosure including climate change risks and heaven knows what else. I took this work load as an opportunity to work through a few different tobaccos as the day progressed. This morning I blasted through a few bowls of Black X Twist in a regular meerschaum 'cutty' pipe from the early 20th century. In the afternoon I switched pipes to a larger bowl 'cutty' with an amber stem and smoked several bowls of Cannon Plug back to back prepared as either large flakes that I either used the 'fold and stuff' method or cube cut. I found cube cutting Cannon Plug muted the Rose Geranium flavors and gave a general ashtray flavor whilst the 'fold and stuff' method really let granny out of the underwear drawer. I finished my work day up smoking the smaller meerschaum 'cutty' in the picture with a bowl of Cannon Plug which to my mind burnt a little too hot for my tastes in the smaller pipe. My final bowl of the day in the small 'cutty' was a bowl of 2012 St James Flake which seemed to be well suited to a smaller pipe for some inexplicable reason. I wish you all a pleasant Saturday night as it is well past my bedtime. Good night all and I'll see you early tomorrow if the 'Big Fella' upstairs says it is to be so.

thumbnail-3.jpeg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, two racks of baby back ribs, mashed potatoes and sweet corn dinner with a small bowl of spumoni ice cream and a big slice of pecan pie for dessert. I'm just finishing this bowl of Ken Byron Ventures Jim’s Special Flake 2023 in a 1984 black rusticated full bend Peterson Mark Twain military mount egg with a silver cap and tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. After a full day of food splurging, I hate to think what I'll weigh tomorrow. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Peterson_MarkTwain_Rusticated.jpg

PrivatePiping

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 24, 2023
Todd - Boise, ID
Been under the weather the last week. Feeling close to par and the delightful spring day outside beckons me with pipe in hand.
Decided on the Ali Dubmeer with some Peretti Cuban mixture compliments of @PrivatePiping 😉.
A glass of water on the side.

View attachment 299545
I'm glad to see you're on the mend! I was going to text you tonight to make sure you were still kicking!

Status
Not open for further replies.