Lifer
Sep 7, 2019
2018 HH Pure Virginia in a Pete PSB X105

53273947232_d42de11a59_k.jpg

john19

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 27, 2021
Greece
Looking forward to this one! It's next up for me in my "Oh wait. Maybe I do like burley after all..." world apology tour. It'll be next up after I finish off Uhle's 00 or Amphora Burley blend whichever comes first (between you and me, the smart money is on Uhle).
Go for it. I think, you can't go wrong with this if you like burleys. I finish only 1/2 bowl, but looks like very nice.

Skippy B. Coyote

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 19, 2023
St. Paul, MN
Starting my day by trying out Peter Stokkebye PS400 Luxury Navy Flake for the first time (with about 9 months of age on it), in my old faithful Grabow Lark.

IMG20240324173435~2.jpg

To put it plainly, this stuff is really good! It tastes very similar to Orlik Golden Sliced, enough so that if you told me it was Orlik Golden Sliced in my pipe and I didn't know better I might be inclined to believe you. It's a nice bright grassy Virginia flake with just a whisper of Perique, and the only difference I can find between Luxury Navy Flake and Golden Sliced is that Luxury Navy Flake seems to lack that very light floral/citrus casing that Golden Sliced has. They're so similar though that I barely notice it's absence and probably wouldn't notice it all if I wasn't actively looking for it, so if you're in the market for an affordable bulk alternative to Orlik Golden Sliced or just a really pleasant new Virginia flake to sample then give Peter Stokkebye Luxury Navy Flake a try! I think you'll like it.puffy

JimK

Lifer
Feb 11, 2021
Good day all! Spent Saturday switching between Peterson Flake and GH Brown Flake Aromatic in a pair of similar Upshalls. BFA got the nod. Today, started with Peterson Early Morning Pipe in an Upshall P Poker. Now having a preprandial bowl of GH Ennerdale Flake in a now-dedicated Tilshead Cutty. Enjoy both, but no contest here.

Status
Not open for further replies.