Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaingorenard

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2022
Norwich, UK
Continuing the Rosslare theme, I'm going to have a post-lunch smoke of recent, sadly-discontinued Condor Long Cut in an 03. Although it's not as good as the old stuff in every way (harsher tobacco, weaker sauce, less body and strength) I will still miss it. It was good to know you could always pick up at least a pouch of Condor in any tobacconist and a lot of supermarkets.
17109384013142525252981719386380.jpg
Spring is definitely sprung in our garden. I think we may have our first Blackcap, and it's alive with bees. Anyone ever seen this behaviour before?

IMG20240320123323.jpg

jaingorenard

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2022
Norwich, UK
Continuing the Rosslare theme, I'm going to have a post-lunch smoke of recent, sadly-discontinued Condor Long Cut in an 03. Although it's not as good as the old stuff in every way (harsher tobacco, weaker sauce, less body and strength) I will still miss it. It was good to know you could always pick up at least a pouch of Condor in any tobacconist and a lot of supermarkets.
View attachment 297069
Spring is definitely sprung in our garden. I think we may have our first Blackcap, and it's alive with bees. Anyone ever seen this behaviour before?

View attachment 297071
Apparently they are bee flies, parasitising the bumble bee - not as charming and spring-like as I thought at first!

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Woke up too early, so I checked on Sam, who immediately came to me and wanted out of the bathroom. We walked to the other side of the house, and she ate a little. Then she wanted a little attention. M'lady is doing that now while I feed Sleepy Suzy. Since I'm awake, I'm having a bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
@JimInks those kittens are soooo cute! Hope they make it, but it seems mama takes care of them. Wonder if you will put them for adoption or let them free with mama which means you'll have a lot of more ferals to take care off!

This morning smoked HU Dockworker (like it a lot, a bit different than other burleys, so I got my regular 5 tins of it) in a Altinay Dublin, this afternoon smoked well aged H&H Virginia Spice in the same pipe.

View attachment 297065
When they are old enough, we hope we can find homes for them. It's not easy as it is between Sleepy Suzy and especially, the very skittish Molly Danger not wanting more cats around. Not to mention Daisy the Feral Princess. They deserve homes where they don't have to live with that kind of drama. And we can't afford the expense to own them. It's tough enough as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.