PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
What most people don't know is that the song "There's No Way Out of Here" by David Gilmour was written about Exclusive pipe tobacco! 😂
2/3 of the way through my first smoke, I’m kind of “non-plussed”. Other than an always present black pepper piquancy in the nose, I was expecting more fermenty/stew-y/figgy depth with it being 50% perique.

rsshreck32

Lifer
Aug 1, 2023
Western PA
2/3 of the way through my first smoke, I’m kind of “non-plussed”. Other than an always present black pepper piquancy in the nose, I was expecting more fermenty/stew-y/figgy depth with it being 50% perique.
The Perique is definitely peppery. I find the Virginia to be slightly sweet, maybe it's a topping. Most Virginias burn my mouth but I don't have that issue with Exclusive. Like Paul, I also dry mine out a bit. Since you're smoking bulk, a few weeks in a jar may help also. But maybe the sorcery of Exclusive holds no sway over you!

RPK

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 30, 2023
Central NJ, USA
Thank you,
She’s a great girl and she took care of my wife for 3 years of Cancer & Chemo and myself as well.
Just trying to keep her comfortable but it’s close to the end. She had great life out in the boat, at the beach in the Bahamas and out here in the hills. I think she knows it.
I am always sad to hear when someone's dog is nearing their end. They are God's very special creatures in the way that they give us their total love and devotion asking not very much in return. And it's at this time that we need to be together with them as they have always been with us. Sorry.

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
The Perique is definitely peppery. I find the Virginia to be slightly sweet, maybe it's a topping. Most Virginias burn my mouth but I don't have that issue with Exclusive. Like Paul, I also dry mine out a bit. Since you're smoking bulk, a few weeks in a jar may help also. But maybe the sorcery of Exclusive holds no sway over you!
I was thinking jar time may help. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not bad but Match Victorian (for me) sets a pretty high bar for bulk Red VaPers, could be their McClelland-y reds as opposed to C&D’s sweeter reds.
I think if they did 50% content of the periques that go into GLP VaPer blends that’d really be something!

Ben.R.C

Lifer
Nov 20, 2022
North Carolina
Exclusive in a Satou, I hate to say it, but Exclusive might be my favorite blend. I say that because it is not complex or subtle, maybe I’m not either! 😜
View attachment 294110
In other PAD news I’ve got this Castello pipe held till my 30 day no PAD/TAD is over on the 17th. I’ve wanted a dark Le Dune finish in a shape I like
IMG_8560.jpeg

Speak Easy

Lifer
Jan 12, 2024
Western Oklahoma
Thank you,
She’s a great girl and she took care of my wife for 3 years of Cancer & Chemo and myself as well.
Just trying to keep her comfortable but it’s close to the end. She had great life out in the boat, at the beach in the Bahamas and out here in the hills. I think she knows it.
So sorry to hear this. That’s never easy. 🙏

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tall stack of cinnamon raisin French toast with a golden delicious apple on the side. I've passed the quarter mark of this bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.