PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Oh, now he’s smiling, guess you’re glad to be back on the golf course. I guess those Florida pipe guys weren’t as much fun!

You scared me with that mean looking face! LOL 😆

We need to keep him on the golf course guys! LOL 😆 ⛳🏌️‍♀️

Before!

View attachment 207544

After!

View attachment 207545
I had a blast with the FL guys, great folks. Just took a crappy photo. LOL

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
LOL, turns out I wasn't completely dreaming, you are correct, of course, but there is a little more nuance I just didn't remember.

Gave a shout out to John because I knew I had that right/but not right, haha.

Wilke No. 515 now is "back" to the original, in a sense. So if you are like me and would have ordered No. 515 in the past couple of years, it was not the same as the original blend, rum had been added a little bit (not just special orders) over time over a few years to accommodate demand preferences for more rum, but was still called No. 515. So according to John, the No. 515 I ordered in 2021, for example, would have had added rum vs. the original (didn't request it, it was just there). Recently folks were asking for a little less rum, so easier to carry the original as it was traditionally made and the more recent version now the "double shot". Clear as mud!

Since what I have jarred from a couple years ago is really the 2X, just ordered the regular and happy to now have both. Probably a little geeky, but I found the history interesting. Sorry for the diversion. :)puffy
Not too geeky -- part of why we come here!

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Going to have Sutliff Molto Dolce in a Meerschaum Figural Skull (with a replacement acrylic stem) from the late 19th or early 20th Century. The “VCF” hallmark on the electroplated band suggests this was probably made by Vincent-Coutier et Fils from Saint-Claude (it came in an Au Pacha tobacconist case with a Geneva, Switzerland address).

IMG_20230306_200330.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.