PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

doctorbob

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 18, 2014
Grand Ledge, Michigan
Some old enough to be Dunhill, but not that old, EMP in a prewar Royal Comoys 159 globe. This pipe was made when Royal Comoys was the their highest grade, and were all straight grained pipes. This one also has their 'Inter Steel' reinforcement system that was only used for a brief period in the very late 1930's and discountinued by the war.20230305_121410.jpg

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
We start with a bowl of Amphora Full, in a folded MM General. Here in southeastern Spain, we are at the gates of the eternal hot temperatures. In the middle of March, we are already heading for 80.6 °F (27º) next week. Damn, we only have a month and a half of cold. Agricultural production no longer rests, the land is producing 12 months of the year. Although I am grateful that organic and good quality production is increasing. Another novelty is the increase of 100% recyclable cardboard packaging, which means that in supermarkets, plastic containers for fruits and vegetables are disappearing.

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
Well, it really was, you stinking, stinking, hungry weasel. Yeah, that's what she said to me. Just sent a WhatsApp my sister-in-law, to remind me of the insult. I would have liked to kick his sweet ass, like a fresh cauliflower. We're still smoking this delicious black parrot. It really is lovely. But I don't think I would ever marry her. I mean my sister-in-law, not black parrot.
Drinking bourbon in silence or with low music in the background can bring comfort and companionship while learning about yourself. While you cannot marry inanimate objects, they can act as friends in times of need.

As for the sister-in-law, may the fleas of a thousand camels infest her while practicing the lotus yoga pose. And yes, it sounds like the fresh cauliflower treatment may be appropriate.

UB 40

Lifer
Jul 7, 2022
Cologne/ Germany
nahbesprechung.net
that's a great looking pipe!
Thanks a lot. I really like it, it’s my first one. It’s far from perfect, but I had good luck that the grain on that side turned out as an almost straight grain. Black tea for staining, made it a redhead. Later on I swapped the stem a premolded black one, longer than that one with an awful tight draw into an ebonite Cumberland piece. Cut of a rod, drilled and filed to my liking. Especially the v-shaped airway from the button inside about 30 mm makes the pipe a much better smoker.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Passing the half way mark on this bowl of year 2016 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
A few months ago this Kaywoodie Connoisseur NOS estate caught my eye on SP and since it was a bargain and I'd never owned one I ordered it. A post in another thread reminded me it was about time to give it a try. So half a bowl of an easy going '22 C&D Ghosts of Christmas Future seemed just right to "chill" as the kids say. "Me and Mrs. Jones" on the XM in the Jeep in the garage, ahhhhhh . . . . . mellow . . . . . . . (what a nice smoking pipe!). If Barry White pops up next I'm looking for the Mrs.

3AC39AA9-339F-49AF-B4F1-B8021AD8E3ED.jpeg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Did a set of walking reps on this warm, breezy day, and smoked a bowl of year 2016 D&R Three Sails in an undated straight brush etched black Molina apple with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. It's lunch time! :)
Molina_Apple.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.