PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

TN Jed

Lifer
Feb 3, 2022
Franklin, TN
www.battlefields.org
@TN Jed Nice pipe! I've been eyeballing these Barling meers (straight rusticated ones). Are you pleased with it so far?

I actually tried ordering one from smokingpipes.eu and they informed me they will not ship even a *pipe* to me in WA state. Just had trouble getting some pipe filters via amazon, too ("can't ship to my address") just a couple days ago.. I am now wondering if some new oppression has been implemented by my state capitol though I can't find any mention of new legislation. Now do I need to hoard stock up even on incidentals like pipe cleaners, filters, lighters, butane, matches....?
It's been a great pipe so far. It has nice silver work which is why I bought it 'cause I'm a sucker for shinny things.

May 9, 2021
Geoje Island South Korea
Eighteen pages to catch up on!
OK then, Friday night, after a pork BBQ, we went to a nice little wine bar. Had a bottle of Octopod, Zinfandel, from California, whilst I smoked my James Upshall P grade FH billiard, with Three Nuns.
Moved onto my 1961 Dunhill 120 F/T, with MB Navy Flakes.

Saturday, Mac Baran Navy Flakes in my 1994 Dunhill 6103, with gold band F/T, not stamped as F/T, magnificent ring-grain on this pipe and also not stamped as ring-grain.
A couple of bowls in between of Three Nuns, in my 1948 Dunhill 59 F/T and James Upshall P grade Dublin. Finished the evening by starting a bowl of Mac Baran Old Dark Fired, in a 1961, Dunhill ODA 836, four square.

Sunday, raining & windy, finished the remaining bowl in the ODA 836. And then fired up my 1975 Dunhill LBS, with Peterson Deluxe Navy Rolls.

Attachments

• IMG_4965.jpg
    IMG_4965.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_5412.jpg
    IMG_5412.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_5413.jpg
    IMG_5413.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_5414.jpg
    IMG_5414.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 23
Apr 26, 2020
Northern California
Eighteen pages to catch up on!
OK then, Friday night, after a pork BBQ, we went to a nice little wine bar. Had a bottle of Octopod, Zinfandel, from California, whilst I smoked my James Upshall P grade FH billiard, with Three Nuns.
Moved onto my 1961 Dunhill 120 F/T, with MB Navy Flakes.

Saturday, Mac Baran Navy Flakes in my 1994 Dunhill 6103, with gold band F/T, not stamped as F/T, magnificent ring-grain on this pipe and also not stamped as ring-grain.
A couple of bowls in between of Three Nuns, in my 1948 Dunhill 59 F/T and James Upshall P grade Dublin. Finished the evening by starting a bowl of Mac Baran Old Dark Fired, in a 1961, Dunhill ODA 836, four square.

Sunday, raining & windy, finished the remaining bowl in the ODA 836. And then fired up my 1975 Dunhill LBS, with Peterson Deluxe Navy Rolls.
Love these pics!

JimRoseLV

Can't Leave
Apr 22, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
Had my very first bowl of Haunted Bookshop. JimInks warned us to be prepared for some bold burley and while burley-forward blends aren’t usually my bailiwick, I do like good, strong tobacco and wanted to give it a try. Now I can see why it has so many accolades. A very pleasant, woody smoke. Burns beautifully. The nicotine does hit you early and often so need to be careful. For some reason it makes me think about the autumn months when you see dead cornstalks and big brown leaves scattered everywhere. While great on its own I suspect this could also be a good palate cleanser when your taste buds burn out on heavy Virginia blends.

Attachments

• AF881119-1799-47ED-858F-ABAE3551A8B6.jpeg
    AF881119-1799-47ED-858F-ABAE3551A8B6.jpeg
    138.2 KB · Views: 5
May 9, 2021
Geoje Island South Korea
Had my very first bowl of Haunted Bookshop. JimInks warned us to be prepared for some bold burley and while burley-forward blends aren’t usually my bailiwick, I do like good, strong tobacco and wanted to give it a try. Now I can see why it has so many accolades. A very pleasant, woody smoke. Burns beautifully. The nicotine does hit you early and often so need to be careful. For some reason it makes me think about the autumn months when you see dead cornstalks and big brown leaves scattered everywhere. While great on its own I suspect this could also be a good palate cleanser when your taste buds burn out on heavy Virginia blends.
Try Mac Baran Old Dark Fired, for a strong tobacco.

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Connecticut, USA
Took a break while dinner cooks, and was just outside slow sipping some C&D Autumn Evening in the Vauen Olaf bent egg with 9mm charcoal filter, which usually has a maple and virginia flavor but tonight had a subtle but pleasant cherry taste when a young Doe came up out of the woods to eat the fallen birdseed. There wasn't much there so I threw her some older tomatoes that i was going to toss tomorrow and cut up a red delicious apple. She didn't even flinch when I tossed them to her and immediately headed to them. She was about 6 to 8 feet off my back porch. They're used to the pipe now.

Status
Not open for further replies.