PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Squadron Leader "original recipe" special edition with Perique, in a Peterson B10 bent briar Calabash rusticated Donegal, after cheeseburgers, fries and Cokes at Five Guys, after a memorial service for a friend that filled the sanctuary and featured a live New Orleans style band.

tmcg81

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2020
NJ
Smoking the next to last bowl of 5 year old Star of the East Flake in a Savinelli Roma Lucite bent pot. I think I'm gonna take a little break from this blend, but when I'm ready for it again, I've got some 8 oz tins that will be 7 or 8 years old waiting in the wings.

shermnatman

Lifer
Jan 25, 2019
Philadelphia Suburbs, Pennsylvania
Now Smoking: C&D's Poplar Camp - a VaPer + unsweetend Black Cav blend - in my beater 5.5" Yello-Bole 8 Panel, Standard "Brylon" pipe, with straight stem;
Yello_Bole_Standard.jpg

And,

Just finishing watching tonight's Saturday Night Moster/Horror movie with our local TV Horror Host, Svengoolie, 1932's Island of Lost Souls, starring, Charles Laughton - of 1923's Hunchback of Notre Dame fame - and, Bela LuGosi, on MeTV; and, gearing up a Sci-Fi Saturday Night, for a full evening of classic TV syndicated re-runs.
Island_Lost_Souls.jpg

I had very high hopes for the VaPer Poplar Camp after instantly falling in love with Hearth & Home's Signature-Series VaPer Louisiana Red by Russ Ouellette; whereby, the darker Red Virginias used therein most definitely won me over the lighter Virginia contributing to Poplar Camp - which uses C&D's Yorktown Virginia blend - an outstanding VA on it's own - as it's base.

Poplar Camp is good. So please do not misread me; however, for my palate, I prefer the more robust H&H Louisiana Red - especially at this time of year/weather - and, I am thinking that Poplar Camp would MUCH better suit my desires during the hotter Summer season.

So, I likely will not return to Poplar Camp until the Summer, with the other VaPer 'Campers', where it's lighter body will be likely much more appreciated. - Sherm Natman

Status
Not open for further replies.