PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

UB 40

Lifer
Jul 7, 2022
Cologne/ Germany
nahbesprechung.net
Unexpectedly found a pipe that had been lost for several years.
My new integrated amplifier arrived today, so when I rearranged the speaker cable behind the cabinet, I found this pipe. According to my guess, the culprit is the domestic beast, but I have no evidence.
View attachment 209815

A new integrated amplifier? Which did you choose?

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Finished work for the day, and fed Daisy the Feral Princess and Tomato the Brave. Daisy is very dainty in how she nibbles her food. Tomato wolves it down. Just fed Sleepy Suzy and Molly Danger, too. I'm passing the quarter mark on this bowl of Angler's Dream in a 2018 natural smooth medium bend Peterson 03 apple silver spigot military mount with a tapered black acrylic fish tail stem. May end the day with this smoke.
Peterson03_Natural_Spigot_2Stems.jpg

shermnatman

Lifer
Jan 25, 2019
Philadelphia Suburbs, Pennsylvania
Now Smoking: ... MAIDEN VOYAGE... Early this week, our dear Brother-of-the-Briar, @Templekeeper, showed your friend and humble narrator, his Brigham Klondike-series Volcano '84, with super flamey grain.

Being the self-proclaimed 'Bishop of Brighams' , I knew I HAD to add one of these beautifully finished high-tier wonder wands to my existing collection of Brighams; of which the Heritage series is the highest finish-level I have in my collection... before 2pm this afternoon that is.

Oh yes, my brothers, the PAD kicked-in hard; and this, after resisting the price-point of the Klondike series for soooo long; but, Brother @Templekeeper broke me down - for which I am VERY grateful !!!

So, here is my new French-made, 5.5" Brigham Klondike-series '09, straight smooth apple, with Acrylic stem.

This is essentially the exact same pipe as my beloved Brigham Heritage series '09, which most of you have seen on here many times in the past - but, the Klondike offers a highly figured and highly flamed piece of Briar... and, of course, the associated higher price tag of +30% to get this tier of Brigham.

The question is: Is the extra $ worth it?

I'll let you decide for yourself:
Better_Brigham_Klondike_09.jpg
Klondike_09_Front.jpg

That grain is so flamey, you could roast Marshmallows over it... So, I am a happy boy!

As is the tradition, I will be breaking her in with the ol' Prince Albert; of course! - Sherm Natman

UB 40

Lifer
Jul 7, 2022
Cologne/ Germany
nahbesprechung.net
luxman l505uxii

Piece of 23 kilograms powerhouse of high end sound. Beautiful blue vu-metres. I liked those on my old Accuphase E 305 from the 1980s a lot. Nothing to complain about. But in the recent years it had some serious defects and I gave it to a friend, who restored it with original NOS parts. I got his, the smaller sister E-202 of that time, which he already restored. This is also a nice one and I don’t need that much power any more. But it’s only one from three amps I use in different setups.

Templekeeper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 28, 2023
Toronto
Now Smoking: ... MAIDEN VOYAGE... Early this week, our dear Brother-of-the-Briar, @Templekeeper, showed your friend and humble narrator, his Brigham Klondike-series Volcano '84, with super flamey grain.

Being the self-proclaimed 'Bishop of Brighams' , I knew I HAD to add one of these beautifully finished high-tier wonder wands to my existing collection of Brighams; of which the Heritage series is the highest finish-level I have in my collection... before 2pm this afternoon that is.

Oh yes, my brothers, the PAD kicked-in hard; and this, after resisting the price-point of the Klondike series for soooo long; but, Brother @Templekeeper broke me down - for which I am VERY grateful !!!

So, here is my new French-made, 5.5" Brigham Klondike-series '09, straight smooth apple, with Acrylic stem.

This is essentially the exact same pipe as my beloved Brigham Heritage series '09, which most of you have seen on here many times in the past - but, the Klondike offers a highly figured and highly flamed piece of Briar... and, of course, the associated higher price tag of +30% to get this tier of Brigham.

The question is: Is the extra $ worth it?

I'll let you decide for yourself:
View attachment 210054
View attachment 210055

That grain is so flamey, you could roast Marshmallows over it... So, I am a happy boy!

As is the tradition, I will be breaking her in with the ol' Prince Albert; of course! - Sherm Natman
Oh wow! That grain and flame is so interesting and so different! The color is so rich, I'm getting a tiny bit of envy here!

For reference, here is the pipe @shermnatman was talking about. Being smoked with Low Country's Hazelnut on this rainy WFM day...

PXL_20230317_133525605.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20230317_133525605.jpg
    PXL_20230317_133525605.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 4

isaac liu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 30, 2022
China wuhan
Piece of 23 kilograms powerhouse of high end sound. Beautiful blue vu-metres. I liked those on my old Accuphase E 305 from the 1980s a lot. Nothing to complain about. But in the recent years it had some serious defects and I gave it to a friend, who restored it with original NOS parts. I got his, the smaller sister E-202 of that time, which he already restored. This is also a nice one and I don’t need that much power any more. But it’s only one from three amps I use in different setups.
You can always count on Accuphrase, Luxman, or ESITRIC.
Smoking some haunted bookshop in my Greek pipe and thought about whether to get another electronic tube amplifier, such as Jadis or EAR.
WechatIMG237.jpeg

Attachments

• WechatIMG237.jpeg
    WechatIMG237.jpeg
    338.7 KB · Views: 1

shermnatman

Lifer
Jan 25, 2019
Philadelphia Suburbs, Pennsylvania
Oh wow! That grain and flame is so interesting and so different! The color is so rich, I'm getting a tiny bit of envy here!

For reference, here is the pipe @shermnatman was talking about. Being smoked with Low Country's Hazelnut on this rainy WFM day...

View attachment 210097

You see how Brother @Templekeeper 's good works go on and on...

What a beautiful Brigham! - Sherm Natman

Status
Not open for further replies.