PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 2, 2021
Alabama USA
I really miss a type of onion that was grown in Oregon, I think they’re called Videlia Onions, so sweet you can eat them like apples. I’m not sure how far and wide they’re exported but it anyone sees them in the grocery store I thoroughly recommend giving them a try, best French Onion soup I ever had was made with Videlias. I imagine that old saying “know your onions” is related to them ?
We have them here. They are grown in Videlia, Georgia. They are the best.

Listening to Red Stone Arsenal blow up something, I’m using a MM Freehand from the 1970’s. Great smoker.
289194CF-B734-44CD-8F09-D69190306DF1.jpeg

Last edited:

LotusEater

Lifer
Apr 16, 2021
Kansas City Missouri
Thought I’d give The Red Hunt another try, this time I nuked it for several seconds and let it air til it was suitably dry. Once again it started out as a thoroughly good VaPer, delicious in fact, but when it hit the last third of the bowl it was sour and bitter and quite horrid. I’m not sure if it’s my cadence or the blend itself, I used a cob this time, I might try it in a clay next to see if it’s a pipe thing. I’d be interested if anyone else has had a similar experience with this blend or can offer some advice on smoking it.

Picked up this 1913 Remington bayonet in a little antique shop in Seaford the other day, it’s a gift for my nephew who is in the Royal Engineers Regiment. I’m gonna spend some time cleaning it up and putting a proper edge on it. He’s gonna be over the moon when he gets this. View attachment 132309
Very cool
A good friend of mine served 23 years in the Royal Engineers. He enlisted at 17 and retired as a Warrant Officer.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking first release Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Fralphog

Lifer
Oct 28, 2021
Idaho
Mid morning spot of Kenyan Black tea and C&D We 3 Kings in year 2008, Boswell half bend, freehand, fully rusticated pipe. Love this pipe - Smokes great and is so lite. There’s something about the tactile feel of hand rusticated briar that I like. Happy Friday smokes all!
image.jpgimage.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Sutliff Balkan Sobranie 759 Match, which really benefits from being aged and dry, in an Iwan Ries house pipe, a smooth taper-stemmed billiard, by Benton (a sub-brand of Edwards) made of oil cured Algerian briar, about 35 years old and looking good and smoking strong, with an excellent large chamber. Cool and sunny here, with minor chores log jammed. Busy.
Appalachian Piper, yes, watching cows, especially your own, is better than an aquarium, hypnotic and serene. The cow world is a better place to be, we all need from time to time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.