PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 2, 2021
Alabama USA
Hello my dear friend Sweet Alabama. Your message made me laugh. hahahahahaha. King of the cob. Well, here we love to get a little cold, and be able to show off winter clothes. You picked onions, I love onions fresh or cooked in many ways. There is a province that grows onions, it is called Valencia, the famous province of fireworks, where they burn cardboard figures. They are called Las Fallas. Now they are celebrating. In Spain there is a tradition of eating onions in bites, with a stew of lentils, rice and potatoes. Do you have a garden, is it for your own consumption or are you a professional farmer? I send you a big hug Mr. Alabama and God bless you. View attachment 132299
I did have a garden in Sunny Tennessee, but not here. The onions I mowed were of the wild variety. In my former space I grew sweet corn, potatoes, tomatoes, carrots, bean, and peppers. I was never a good gardener and didn't like to use Round-Up, so, I had weeds galore.

That photo looks like a cool/neat festival type. Anyway, enjoy the day, friend.

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
I did have a garden in Sunny Tennessee, but not here. The onions I mowed were of the wild variety. In my former space I grew sweet corn, potatoes, tomatoes, carrots, bean, and peppers. I was never a good gardener and didn't like to use Round-Up, so, I had weeds galore.

That photo looks like a cool/neat festival type. Anyway, enjoy the day, friend.
I really miss a type of onion that was grown in Oregon, I think they’re called Videlia Onions, so sweet you can eat them like apples. I’m not sure how far and wide they’re exported but it anyone sees them in the grocery store I thoroughly recommend giving them a try, best French Onion soup I ever had was made with Videlias. I imagine that old saying “know your onions” is related to them ?

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Thought I’d give The Red Hunt another try, this time I nuked it for several seconds and let it air til it was suitably dry. Once again it started out as a thoroughly good VaPer, delicious in fact, but when it hit the last third of the bowl it was sour and bitter and quite horrid. I’m not sure if it’s my cadence or the blend itself, I used a cob this time, I might try it in a clay next to see if it’s a pipe thing. I’d be interested if anyone else has had a similar experience with this blend or can offer some advice on smoking it.

Picked up this 1913 Remington bayonet in a little antique shop in Seaford the other day, it’s a gift for my nephew who is in the Royal Engineers Regiment. I’m gonna spend some time cleaning it up and putting a proper edge on it. He’s gonna be over the moon when he gets this. image.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Have about a third of a bowl left of year 2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. The cable company is coming over to work on the lines. I'll probably be off line this afternoon.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.