PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

LotusEater

Lifer
Apr 16, 2021
Kansas City Missouri
Yes, I did. In Fez of all places. I took the one you sent me - I normally keep it at my other place, and all of the Moroccans kept telling me that the one I had was a Tunisian Fez.View attachment 135434

Here I am at Volubilis in Morocco wearing the Lotus Eater apparently more Tunisian Fez. View attachment 135436
And again in Fez as we strolled through the Medina. It was then that our guide, Halib, insisted that I go to a hattery and purchase the authentic Fes. And so we went. Not a tourist one mind you... no, not me. Anyway, the Fez I received from you was considered good quality by the Moroccans, just wrong country.

One can never have too many in my opinion :)

LotusEater

Lifer
Apr 16, 2021
Kansas City Missouri
View attachment 135437View attachment 135438

And here is my wife and me a bit later wearing the Fez from Fes. @LotusEater The difference isn't so much in quality as it is in shape and stiffness. The Fez from Fess's is more dressy, but the Fez from Tunisia or probably Turkey, is more Ottoman and better for smoking in a smoking jacket. Choices. Such a first world problem. I mean, seriously, how am I expected to manage?
Subtle modifications in a gentleman’s (or lady’s) attire can make a world of difference. They are what sets one apart from the herd.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Did a second set of walks, and am close to finishing this bowl of Seattle Pipe Club Deception Pass plug in a smooth straight brown late 1930s Linkman’s Dr. Grabow Deluxe Bruyere 9703B pot with a nickel accent and a black tapered vulcanite stem. A very late lunch follows this smoke.
Linkman's_Dr. Grabow_Deluxe9703B_pot.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.