weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011

Gawith Hoggarth & Co.: Brown Flake Aromatic​

P6av9bf.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Erin Go Bragh, an Irish whiskey aromatic with good tobacco flavor, in a compact Genod smooth bent egg that holds more tobacco than I thought it would. Watched two Oscar winning movies last night into the wee hours, a superb documentary on the Ali-Forman fight in Zaire in 1974 that took 14 years to assemble, with great editing and pace, and Norman Mailer and George Plimpton both as knowledgeable talking heads, with great clips of James Brown in performance in Zaire and Don King, the boxing impresario. Then we saw "There Will Be Blood," the Oscar winning performance by Daniel Day-Lewis. I figured that would just be a violence festival, but it is so skillfully done that the characters, if not their behavior, makes a sort of sense, about the blood-lust oil business in California around the turn of the 19th and into the 20th Century.

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
Dd you get yourself a new fez while on vacation?
Looks sharp.
Yes, I did. In Fez of all places. I took the one you sent me - I normally keep it at my other place, and all of the Moroccans kept telling me that the one I had was a Tunisian Fez.IMG_2671.jpeg

Here I am at Volubilis in Morocco wearing the Lotus Eater apparently more Tunisian Fez. IMG_5102.jpeg
And again in Fez as we strolled through the Medina. It was then that our guide, Halib, insisted that I go to a hattery and purchase the authentic Fes. And so we went. Not a tourist one mind you... no, not me. Anyway, the Fez I received from you was considered good quality by the Moroccans, just wrong country.

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
IMG_5115.jpegIMG_5857.jpeg

And here is my wife and me a bit later wearing the Fez from Fes. @LotusEater The difference isn't so much in quality as it is in shape and stiffness. The Fez from Fess's is more dressy, but the Fez from Tunisia or probably Turkey, is more Ottoman and better for smoking in a smoking jacket. Choices. Such a first world problem. I mean, seriously, how am I expected to manage?

Status
Not open for further replies.