PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and am smoking Wilke No. 222 in a late 40s, early 50s straight black sandblasted Wagner British Thorn 495 (Comoy’s second) pot with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Have a couple of hours left before I finish this Archie story, so I'm off to do that now.
 Wagner_pot.jpg

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Last month, some of you will remember I treated myself to three Savinelli pipes for my birthday after returning what was supposed to be just one present to myself because it was scuffed. The pipe below was in the running as a present—I really wanted a newer Giubileo d'Oro with a matching tamper. I loved the shape of this pipe with its unusual bulge where the shank and stem meet that echoes the shape of the bowl. It's a rarely seen Savinelli model (I've only seen pictures of one or two online and none in any shops). What made me hesitant to purchase it without delay was the double stamping of the model number on the side of the shank.

Savinelli-Giubileo-d'Oro-660-01.jpg

Savinelli-Giubileo-d'Oro-660-02.jpg

My feeling was that this pipe was supposed to be the top of the regular line of pipes and should essentially be flawless. The extra "6" made me think this pipe didn't deserve the appellation of Giubileo d'Oro. The stamping should read "660," not "6660." I held off on buying it because of this. I figured I'd wait and save up, and if it was still available down the line, I'd get it then. Over the last several weeks, that niggling feeling of FOMO kicked in big time and I gave in to PAD. This was too unusual and special a pipe that I probably wouldn't see again anytime soon, if ever again.

So, fully embracing that the devil made me do it, I'm going to christen this virginal Savinelli Giubileo d'Oro 660 Bent Egg with Dan Tobacco's Devil's Holiday.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Replete after a lunch with 5 good mates at my favourite Malaysian/Singaporean eatery in Sydney. They are closing their doors permanently in a couple of weeks - a victim of Covid. Singapore chilli crab and black pepper crab (plus a host of other dishes before and after).

Just a non-attention requiring bowl Amphora full aroma in a Stanwell shape 2 canted egg designed by Sixten Ivarsson. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
I finished up the Devil's Holiday in the Savinelli 660 KS (along with the Kilchoman whisky) a little while ago. I figured it's the weekend, so it's time to light something else up.

I was so struck by the simplicity of @FurCoat 's Old Dominion pipe, I decided to order one. I should've ordered the Virginia Planter, but, ended up getting the Laughing King. I opened the box tonight. @Chasing Embers mentioned Captain Black Grape enough to get me curious and I tracked down a tub awhile back. So, I'm going to have Captain Black Grape in a Missouri Meerschaum/Old Dominion Laughing King Cob.

IMG_20220319_033724.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.