PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tfdickson

Lifer
May 15, 2014
East End of Long Island
What do you think of the 4th Generation Peaty KY?

Now smoking Savinelli Jupiter in a Castello Sea Rock KK 35

View attachment 70068

It was the same with the 4th Gen blend from Samuel Gawith, the sooner it was out of the fancy box the better, and the longer it was out of the box the better it got. It‘s a DFK forward blend for sure, but it’s balanced. The main negative is the price, I’m glad I bought a couple of boxes but at $28 each I won’t be buying more.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
View attachment 69981
G&H American Cherry Vanilla in my Sherlock Holmes Rusticated Full Bend with a silver band and Plip mouthpiece. I am in full cultural appropriation mode - and there is NOTHING anyone can do about it.
My favourite pipe baccy!
Will be getting some to smoke in my clays when re-enactment starts again!

Apr 26, 2020
Northern California

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
How do you like it? I picked up a tin over the summer and it is on my list of maybes to open up this spring/summer.

Smoking Jocks Mixture now with a bowl of Bow-Legged Bear loaded for later.
It's good! The components and topping are very similar to Redburn, also made by C&D, but it doesn't taste like I remember Redburn tasting (though I like both). Whether the differences are due to tweaked leaf ratios or maybe the Jupiter being a flake and Redburn a crumble cake, I don't know. If you haven't had Redburn, I'd compare it to other C&D burleys like Haunted Bookshop but the (mild) topping gives it a bit more sweetness. Medium-Strong like HB in nicotine strength as well, I'd say.

Now smoking C&D Three Friars in an Ashton Pebble Grain XX

16154420013462018150206677668794.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking Watch City Simply VOriental in an undated straight smooth medium brown Wilshire 5 bulldog (Comoy’s second) made for John’s Pipe Shop in Los Angeles with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Watching a Hopalong Cassidy movie guest starring George Reeves. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
 Wilshire 5 bulldog copy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.