PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
When I finish smoking Capstan, I'll eat a navel orange and then smoke year 2014 Klondike Gold in a 1991 Ashton Brindle X straight brown sandblast dublin with a square shank and tapered square acrylic cumberland stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Getting ready to watch The Flash.
AshtonX_Brindle.jpg

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Enjoying some GH Brown Aromatic on the front porch, into a Ali Cutty Meer with a good dark roasted coffee .
Just received some Sharrow Philtpads in the mail today thank a lot to the generous @condorlover1 .
Have a nice day folks View attachment 72018
Glad you like them. I was worried that Canadian Customs would think they were something sinister!

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Snacked a little, and am a third of the way through this bowl of D&R Windsail in a 2013 straight black sandblasted Peterson Sherlock Holmes Series Baker Street with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite fish tail stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Working and listening to Casey, Crime Photographer on the XM.
Peterson Sherlock Holmes Baker Street copy.jpg

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
Dill’s Best in an Old Dominion Cob. It’s got a bit of a fruity flavor, coffee, vanilla and caramel notes. There is some sweet Virginia and Burley taste.

While there is a “049” stamped on the packaging, I highly doubt that it was manufactured in 1949. Other packages that where with this lot had mfr addresses with zip codes so that puts it squarely in the mid 1960’s; that is it could not have been manufactured before then. I would guess it was manufactured in the 1960’s to early 70’s. I don’t know when they would have packaged it in a vending machine facing, which is what this appears to be.

Burns a little warm, but I rehydrated it just enough to feel damp. Not a bad tobacco, sort of an everyday basic tobacco. The oils in the tobacco are still there, so it’s not mummy dust.

An interesting old tobacco from yesteryear.

AEADA0DC-8735-4A4A-A0B7-111A6589C5EE.jpeg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Snacked lightly, and am a quarter of the way through this bowl of D&R Penhooker in a 1990 straight dark brown Commemorative reproduction of the 1890 Peterson Patent System 12393 stack billiard with a silver band and a bowed black acrylic 32 AB long stem p-lip. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Peterson_Commen. Billiard-Stack copy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.