PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

virkia

Lifer
Jan 30, 2020
IMPERIAL ITC stamped on the shank / IMPERIAL ITC and W.H (William Harrison - pipe mounter) into a half oval outline stamped on the ferrule with marks for Birmingham 1910
20210322_160140.jpg
"The Imperial Tobacco Company itself was formed in 1901 in response to an aggressive take over raid in Britain by American Tobacco and involved the pooling of tobacco retail outlets including closely related items such as briar pipes. In 1902 Imperial purchased the Salmon & Gluckstein retail empire, which included a section that finished briar pipes, originally made in France, for sale in Britain. It is this unit that became the fancy goods department within Imperial and, ultimately in 1921, the Civic Company"
From The Civic Company 1921 Trade List

+ Peterson's IRISH FLAKE:-
20210322_155957.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
About a quarter of the way through this bowl of C&D Golden Days of Yore 2020 in an undated quarter bend Royal Meerschaum eagle claw egg meer with a black, gold and cream swirl amber colored acrylic tapered stem. This should get me to dinner time.

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
It is underrated. I'd have some, but I'm not currently buying tobacco. I imagine it'll be even better with age.
I agree, but at my age, cellaring too long would put this stuff in my wife's garage sale after I'm gone! I just bought 5 lbs and I'm going to smoke the hell out of what I've got. Derringer has a lovely aroma and a wonderful mouth taste, and it's quintessentially American. I believe it is a blend that Samuel Clemens would have loved so I often read Mark Twain while smoking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.