PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and am now smoking year 2013 Stonehaven in a 1998 smooth medium bend Peterson Limerick 69 with a nickel band with a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Watching a Miss Marple movie as Community Coffee is brewing.

SpookedPiper

Lifer
Sep 9, 2019
East coast
Back to basics: bare Bones "Stubby 20" burning some Esoterica St. Ives ?

dSLitOKl.jpg
Nice one...you couldn't not get a stubby 20! Enjoy!

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Have a third of a bowl left of Esoterica Dunbar in a smooth straight late ‘50s, early 1960s Lane era Charatan Selected 43 Dublin with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad. Phone chatting with the fella who gifted me the pipe.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I did pick up on something like that. I didn't really get any perfumey musk but definitely some woody/musty notes I attributed to the orientals. The topping starts off all fruity bubble gum, but then the mango starts to take the lead with some savory notes coming through in the background. @briarbuck said mango chutney and that really stood out to me in the last third of the bowl with tastes of bell pepper, turmeric, cardamom and black pepper coming into play. I haven't smoked it in a wide chamber yet so I'm gonna try that tomorrow and see if I get any of the floral/musk/perfume type notes others have picked up on. Definitely unique stuff, but it suits my tastes perfectly when I want a sweet and sour blend!
I'm glad I didn't pick up on any mango but now that you mentioned it I probably will next time I smoke it (damn it be to thy power of suggestion!). The only thing I really dislike not only in food but in tobacco as well, is mango.

rushx9

Lifer
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
I'm glad I didn't pick up on any mango but now that you mentioned it I probably will next time I smoke it (damn it be to thy power of suggestion!). The only thing I really dislike not only in food but in tobacco as well, is mango.
I smoked it in a wide chambered meer tonight and had a totally different experience than previously. Instead of mango bubble gum I actually got a good hit of Lakeland-ish florals and more obvious fig and banana notes. Mid way was more bread, sweet&sour fruits, cardamom. I still got a weird green pepper note towards the end. I kept thinking that powdery pink Hubba Bubba flavor was gonna creep in but it never did.

Status
Not open for further replies.