PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

RPK

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 30, 2023
Central NJ, USA
You bet,it is even worse than the dry heat of desert regions
Spent a week in Santa Fe and it was amazing how different their heat was from ours here on the east coast.
Here, you are not only hot but damp, wet and sticky as nothing evaporates.
Sitting out and smoking a pipe is just not enjoyable...... but come the Fall........... aaahhhh !

mpjetset

Starting to Get Obsessed
Spent a week in Santa Fe and it was amazing how different their heat was from ours here on the east coast.
Here, you are not only hot but damp, wet and sticky as nothing evaporates.
Sitting out and smoking a pipe is just not enjoyable...... but come the Fall........... aaahhhh !
I've found that a two-minute shower or dip in the pool first makes for a good smoke in summer's humidity. Wet is good.

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Getting ready to watch UFC Fight Night, Robert Whittaker vs. Ikram Aliskerov. Unfortunately, Khamzat Chimaev was supposed to fight Whittaker, but got violently ill and had to cancel—I hope he recovers! Chimaev, who is still undefeated (except by health issues) knocked Aliskerov out in 2019 with an awesome uppercut at Brave CF 23. This UFC Fight Night is taking place at the Kingdom Arena, in Saudi Arabia, hence the early start time. Going to have G.L. Pease Spark Plug in one of my earliest Eugène-Léon Ropp pipes (and my largest at 26" in length), a Cherrywood with a Natural Horn Stem, stamped “Bussang,” probably made at Ropp’s original workshop there between 1870–1893.

20240622_110124.jpg

Another shot for scale with the tin of Spark Plug:

20240622_110257.jpg

@Humblepipe

Jon C.P.G.

Might Stick Around
Sep 29, 2023
Canada
Smoking some GL Pease Barbarry Coast from 2011, never had it before and had a aged tin from a lot of tins I got from a friend for next to nothing who decided to give up the pipe so I decided to crack it for this weekend.

Messaged Greg on Instagram to get his thoughts on giving it the most justice for my first time smoking it and he was more than helpful. I figure if you want advice from someone to get the most out of a certain blend on your first smoke, why not the person who blended it If you have that opportunity? 🤷🏼‍♂️

Decided on this 125th anniversary Charles Peterson Rua 20B (not s as they were stamped because these are tapered B stems not saddle stems) Deluxe System.

1000009255.jpg

Hanging out in the yard, very much enjoying the weather, the buzz of the honey bees and this tobacco.

1000009256.jpg

Bananacaravanadium

Might Stick Around
Mar 20, 2024
Willamette Valley, OR
Getting ready to watch UFC Fight Night, Robert Whittaker vs. Ikram Aliskerov. Unfortunately, Khamzat Chimaev was supposed to fight Whittaker, but got violently ill and had to cancel—I hope he recovers! Chimaev, who is still undefeated (except by health issues) knocked Aliskerov out in 2019 with an awesome uppercut at Brave CF 23. This UFC Fight Night is taking place at the Kingdom Arena, in Saudi Arabia, hence the early start time. Going to have G.L. Pease Spark Plug in one of my earliest Eugène-Léon Ropp pipes (and my largest at 26" in length), a Cherrywood with a Natural Horn Stem, stamped “Bussang,” probably made at Ropp’s original workshop there between 1870–1893.

View attachment 319040

Another shot for scale with the tin of Spark Plug:

View attachment 319041

@Humblepipe
Looks like you could stuff the contents of an entire tin in there; maybe the tin itself, too.