PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skippy B. Coyote

Can't Leave
Jun 19, 2023
St. Paul, MN
This morning I'm trying out some Peterson Irish Flake for the first time, in my usual Morgan Bones Milan.

IMG20240309143953~2.jpg

To put it simply, it's good! I'm finding Peterson Irish Flake to be extremely similar in flavor to Mac Baren HH Old Dark Fired, with it's woodsy barbeque pit smokey dark fired Kentucky flavor that's mellowed with just a little Virgina, though it is a touch stronger in the Vitamin N department than Old Dark Fired and has a subtle floral/licorice note that makes it taste like a very mildly flavored Lakeland. It's not terribly smooth and stings my sinuses quite a bit on the retrohale, though I suspect it may mellow out in that regard after a few months in a jar.

In any case, though I initially found the tin note of Irish Flake to be rather off-putting it did end up being a good smoke! It's not an instant favorite, but there's nothing objectionable about it either aside from the stingy retrohale. I'll put it on the second shelf of my cellar to revisit at a later date.puffy

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
SE WI
Enjoying a burley mixture in my Ropp Etudiant J07 (The pipe I would grab if I could only choose one briar) . A bunch of left overs that I dumped into my leather pouch. Carter Hall, Briar Fox, Pegasus, and I think there's some OJK Blue in there too. Not bad not bad.

Nice morning.
1000003977.jpg

Butter Side Down

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 2, 2023
Chicago
Revisiting the lakeland blends. Stop #2: GH Ennerdale. Not much to say about this one other than I liked brown flake aro much better. Which is a little disappointing considering I had to wait 48 hours while this dried on a cookie sheet enough that it would stay lit. In theory at least. In practice, not so much. Ah well. Win some lose some. Pipe is a Pete 03.

20240630_102208.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Half way through this bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Listening to the Braves-Pirates game on the XM since the TV broadcast is on Roku. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Just fed Sleepy Suzy and Molly Danger, who still won't leave the bed room because of Sam the Scamp, who ate earlier. We're getting Sam Spayed in a couple of days, and then she can go after the Fat Man without getting pregnant. :)
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.