PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Half way through this bowl of 2019 Prince Albert in an undated, unbranded straight smooth brown made in France Los Alton VBF Canadian with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Got a few things done, including reading baseball box scores. Going to check on the ferals soon. I'll likely end the day with this smoke.
Los_Alton_VBF_Canadian.jpg

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
A beautiful picture ! Would be something to be at sea in one of those.
That's right, my friend. I think this blend of tobacco, would fit perfectly, on that boat. I love the aroma of the tin, it smells like a mechanic workshop for trucks, from the eighties. And when you smoke it, it's magnificent. Personal opinion, of course.

Last edited:

Skippy B. Coyote

Can't Leave
Jun 19, 2023
St. Paul, MN
Briar Fox in a Morgan Bones Milan and Mr. Brown iced coffee for me tonight, since sometimes you just want tobacco flavored tobacco and coffee flavored coffee.puffy

View attachment 320235

On to my second bowl of Briar Fox for the night! I can't tell if this blend has improved dramatically after a year of aging in a Ball jar or if my pipe smoking skills and ability to pull flavors from a blend have just improved dramatically over the past year, but I remember when I first tried it a year ago I found Briar Fox to be a fairly monotone, hot burning, and bitey smoke. Revisiting Briar Fox tonight though roughly 11 months later it's smoking cool and comfortable and I can really taste the dark, earthy, leaf litter flavors of the red Virginias as well as the hay and grass from the bright Virginias and a very subtle nuttiness from the Burleys. It's all smoothed out quite a bit and there's no sharp acidity from the bright Virginias like I remember it having when I first tried it.

I will admit that the proportions of Virginias and Burleys create a very cigarette-like flavor experience at times, but not like a cheap chemical laden cigarette, I mean a really good RYO cigarette rolled with natural unadulterated tobaccos and unbleached papers. Lucky for me I like that sorta flavor, so Briar Fox is a winner in my book, though your milage may vary.