PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Newminster #306 English Oriental in a Savinelli carved "cob" briar pipe with a thin green band and bright yellow stem (corn themed) 606 KS bent billiard.

Had a good call from a high school friend retired to Hawaii after a long career with the Chicago Board of Trade. He was telling me about an invasive species of deer that has overrun their outer island after being brought from the big island for hunters, and also feral chickens that mug people at fast food outside dining, probably escapees from cockfighting farms.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a late, but tasty lunch, and smoked a bowl of year 2014 Dan Tobacco Hamborger Veermaster in a smooth straight brown 1950 Dunhill 48 bulldog group 4 root briar with a black vulcanite fish tail saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Dunhill_1950_root-bulldog48.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty peach, and am a third of the way through this bowl of Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation Evening Flake in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson Ebony POTY 4AB No. 422/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. I was gifted several one pound unopened boxes of Mac Baren Mixture Flake today from a friend. That's more than I need, but I'll smoke a few bowls, and see what my opinion is now compared to the last time I smoked it in 2014.
4AB_Ebony.jpg

Nov 20, 2022
Wisconsin
Erik Stokkebye Night Slice in a 1967 Dunhill.

I enjoyed the @JimInks review of this tobacco. I first became aware of this blend at the Chicago Pipe Show, where Erik gave me a sample, otherwise I probably would not have purchased any. I smoked it on the way home and thought it was quite good. Very flavorful. I ordered 8oz and the more I smoke it, the better it seems to me. It is becoming one of my favorites. I am cellaring this order and getting more.

1688075670831.jpeg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking year 2013 FVF in a 2002 three quarter bend light brown sandblasted Ardor Urano Fatta A Mano eight sided paneled shaped bulldog sitter with a black acrylic saddle stem. This will last a while.
Ardor Urano square shaped bulldog.jpg

I figured out why I got all that Mac Baren Mixture Flake. It's apparently been discontinued.

nelamvr6

Might Stick Around
Jun 8, 2023
Cooking up some Mac Baren Solent Mixture in the Savinelli Punto Oro smooth 320KS

JgSKVPJ.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.