PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Half way through this bowl of early 2000s Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Watching Mad Dog Russo. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Coniston Cut Plug in a meerschaum 'cutty' pipe with a hallmarked silver band circa 1900 with a later Redmanol stem which maybe pre-1914 since the Redmanol Company came into being in 1913 and was absorbed into the Bakelite Corporation in 1922. I rather suspect the pipe originally had an amber stem which got broken along the way and was replaced with this rather pleasing cherry colored stem. The real bonus here is whoever smoked this pipe had a very similar tooth configuration to myself so the bite on the stem fits me perfectly. Who says we only live once!

View attachment 229619
@condorlover1 I enjoyed the Coniston Cut Plug in my Pollock clays; the tobacconist in Buxton sells it loose. I need to make sure I don't get pipe notches:)

JimK

Lifer
Feb 11, 2021
Good day all! Noticed yesterday that a number of folks were smoking C&D Bayou Morning, but I had already loaded a pipe with something else. So much for solidarity. But today, with belated team spirit, I'm starting with Bayou Morning in a small Savinelli Autograph sandblast Burl Fan with plateau top and army mount stem.

Status
Not open for further replies.