PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
They certainly do like to eat and are you sure you are the only one feeding the cats? Several years ago, a feral Siamese cat started coming around our back yard in the morning and late afternoon. My wife gave in and started leaving food out for him and we named him Simpson; although I'm still not sure if he was male or female. One night when it was pouring with rain, he showed up at the back door and my wife made a bed for him in the laundry room where he spent the night, which, needless to say, freaked out our two housecats. He left in the morning after the rain stopped but thereafter, continued to come around for his morning and afternoon meals. After a few months, he began getting fatter and fatter. We then found out at least three of our neighbors were feeding him as well.
I'm sure Shy Stripesy and Abner the Eager are eating elsewhere. Stripesy has put on at least four pounds since she started coming here. We used to feed her father until we found a good home for him.

I'm not sure about Tomato the Brave, but I don't think so. I know for sure that we are the only ones feeding Daisy the Feral Princess, who stays here most of the time. Tomato and Daisy's so-called "owners", particularly the "man" of the house, doesn't like cats, didn't feed them enough, and wouldn't let them in the house because his poor, dear senses were threatened by the smell of a litter box. He didn't care that his now eight year old daughter loved the cats. The wife gets no slack cut from me even though I know she really liked the cats, and was responsible for getting them. I say that because they got a dog knowing full well that would chase off the cats. I no longer speak to them because I don't like animal abusers. It takes a lot for me to turn my back on people, but I'm sure you understand why. I feel badly for their little girl even though I figure she loves that dog. I even changed the time I do walking reps so I can avoid seeing them when they come home from work because I'm afraid I'll give them more than ten pieces of my mind if I talk to them. Sorry to be less than my usual cheery self, but I doubt anybody with a particle of humanity would feel differently.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2012 Carter Hall in a black rusticated medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY 4AB No. 437/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. I may end the day with this smoke. It's still raining, but Daisy the Feral Princess and Tomato the Brave have stuck around to eat. Dunno where Abner the Eager is. Maybe he's at home if he has one.
4AB_Rust_left.jpg

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
2018 HU Director’s Cut in a 1931-1967 BBB Wyteway Billiard with a vulcanite stem.

Staying up in the wee hours watching Ant Man 🐜 LOL 😆

Be well everyone! ❤️

View attachment 228431

I only smoked an 1/8 of this, then let the pipe sit and forgot about it.

Started back up on it tonight, and let me tell ya, if you have a good blend and you only smoke a little, and let it sit a day or two, don’t dump it out, give it a go again.

This stuff is still amazing after sitting like 21 hours in the pipe.

Be well everyone! ❤️

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
They sure do like to eat. All of them were much thinner when they first started showing up. Abner the Eager is young, and I expect he'll gain some weight before long.
We had our cat make his appearance last Christmas. He had a bad cut on one of his rear paws which he let me help him with. He was feral and sweet as can be. We got him fixed,chipped and he has all of his shots. He is now a half indoor, half outdoor cat. I've been a dog person all of my life and was part of the German Shepherd rescue for many years but my last two pets have been cats. He's a big boy at 26 inches nose to base of tail and13 lbs slim and trim. Great hunter. The picture with my daughter was the day that he chose us. He has grown since.20230501_195340.jpgIMG_9005.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.